Parking light issue.

loonitic

Jun 16, 2013
Morning, I have having some odd issues with my front right parking light. I have 501 LED bulbs (error free) installed and the left side works fine, but the right randomly stops working and shows an error light on the dash.

But what I have noticed when I turn the ignition on the bulb does turn on then drops out followed but the error on the dash. I if turn the lights on and off a couple of times it starts working again and the error disappears off the dash.

Things I have tried so far:

Tried different bulbs (make and model)
Cleaned the contacts where the bulb sits with some electric contact cleaner.

I am suspecting it’s the socket where the bulb is sitting in, or possibly something else?
If it is the socket is it some

Car - 2007 Cupra.

loonitic

Jun 16, 2013

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If no one helps before I get home later I can look in Elsawin to see if there are any part numbers.

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I am guess nobody else has had this problem but it still persists for me :(. So I went in to the local dealers but they could not find the part number for it (there isnt one on the bulb holder itself) so couldn't order one in.

Does anybody know the part number? Or does anybody reckon these would work, the only 501 bulb holders I can find on the internets...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10Pcs-T1...l:Leon&hash=item3d49cb80d0:g:K6gAAOSwb7NZyqFk

Sorry buddy couldn't find any part numbers and a quick search on the forum shows other cars in the SEAT range that people have asked and been told it's part of the whole unit, best bet is to get to a breaker yard and pick some out.

Hopefully someone may have some more knowledge forthcoming

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.