Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Parking Sensor affected by rain?!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Matt_Beaky, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Matt_Beaky

Matt_Beaky Active Member

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I couldn't find it anywhere...

When it rains one of my front parking sensors beeps like crazy every time i stop, which drives me nuts!

Question 1, are they easy to remove to take a look at?
    Question 2, Can i do something to it to stop it happening again or do I have to buy a replacement?!

2. psychobob

psychobob Active Member

Mine do this as well. I think its because rain water runs off the bonnet and down the bumper

Also, mine false trigger when pulling up behind newer Ford cars/vans when stopping at junctions/traffic lights etc.

3. Matt_Beaky

Matt_Beaky Active Member

I did think that, but then it's only ever the same one. None of the others have ever done the same.

I've also had the false trigger, which is far less often so not as annoying. Must be a clash of the frequencies

Butty likes this.
  4. Butty

Butty Active Member

I've been getting false triggers in traffic but Park Pilot isn't showing which sensor has alarmed. I'll keep an eye out on which car type is in front/behind next time

5. martin j.

martin j. Active Member

Had this too but hadn’t put the Ford into the equation, will need to pay attention when it happens again.

6. check out this thread from back in the day.

Renault and Ford both seems to cause issues.

7. X3RN

X3RN Active Member

My parking sensors on my Leon work perfectly all the time. However my Mum as harking sensors on her Ford and whenever it rains they go really buggy. It seems water seems to get into the sensor and makes it malfunction. Might be worth removing them and making sure they're water tight.

8. Matt_Beaky

Matt_Beaky Active Member

It no longer happens just when it's raining now, it happens every time I stop. I've had to turn off the option to have it come on automatically as it's so annoying having to press the button on the dash every time I stop the car to stop the beeping!

Is it difficult to replace the sensor?