Parking Sensor affected by rain?!

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
Sorry if this has been brought up before but I couldn't find it anywhere...

When it rains one of my front parking sensors beeps like crazy every time i stop, which drives me nuts!

Question 1, are they easy to remove to take a look at?
Question 2, Can i do something to it to stop it happening again or do I have to buy a replacement?!

psychobob

Oct 6, 2005
Near Cardiff
Mine do this as well. I think its because rain water runs off the bonnet and down the bumper

Also, mine false trigger when pulling up behind newer Ford cars/vans when stopping at junctions/traffic lights etc.

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
I did think that, but then it's only ever the same one. None of the others have ever done the same.

I've also had the false trigger, which is far less often so not as annoying. Must be a clash of the frequencies

Reactions: Butty

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Mine do this as well. I think its because rain water runs off the bonnet and down the bumper

Also, mine false trigger when pulling up behind newer Ford cars/vans when stopping at junctions/traffic lights etc.

I've been getting false triggers in traffic but Park Pilot isn't showing which sensor has alarmed. I'll keep an eye out on which car type is in front/behind next time

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Had this too but hadn’t put the Ford into the equation, will need to pay attention when it happens again.

Deleted member 103408

check out this thread from back in the day.

Renault and Ford both seems to cause issues.

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
My parking sensors on my Leon work perfectly all the time. However my Mum as harking sensors on her Ford and whenever it rains they go really buggy. It seems water seems to get into the sensor and makes it malfunction. Might be worth removing them and making sure they're water tight.

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
It no longer happens just when it's raining now, it happens every time I stop. I've had to turn off the option to have it come on automatically as it's so annoying having to press the button on the dash every time I stop the car to stop the beeping!

Is it difficult to replace the sensor?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.