Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest we just want to let you know that our Privacy Terms have changed. You can read them here: New Privacy Terms

Parking sensor retrofit

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by FR Ste, Jun 11, 2018.

1. FR Ste

FR Ste New Member

Hi everyone.

Just bought a mk2 FR.

I’m not sure whether parking sensors were an option or not, but to prevent my wife from bumping into stuff when parking, I need to get some sensors fitted.

As a minimum, to the back. But ideally to the front too.

Has anyone any experience with retrofitting these? Will there potentially be wiring already within the vehicle and just the sensors themselves need fitting? Or is it more likely to be a full sensor plus all wiring etc type of a job?

Any help or advice much appreciated!!!

2. Rusty2k

Rusty2k Full Member

There won't be any wiring already there. Retrofitting the OE parts will likely be more money and hassle than it's worth compared to the cost of an aftermarket kit. Even the dealers used aftermarket kits for upgrades to cars not ordered with the sensors.

Or if by chance your car has been fitted with an RNS510 then you can add a reversing camera to that relatively easily.

#2 Rusty2k, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. FR Ste

FR Ste New Member

Hi Rusty,

It doesn’t have one of those, but it does have some sort of double Din aftermarket unit. I’ll get the manual out and see if it can accommodate a camera.

I might call Seat this afternoon and get a quote. At least that way I know what the worst possible case is!!!!!

4. R3k1355

R3k1355 Senior Member

Later model Mk2's did come with the acoustic system as standard IIRC, which some people did get working with the OPS function on RNS 315's and such.

A retrofit should be doable, but the aftermarket headunit might not be compatible.

5. FR Ste

FR Ste New Member