Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Parking sensors/front assist playing up.

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Cupra Belfast, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Cupra Belfast

Cupra Belfast Active Member

Hi. Has anybody had any issues with the front assist warning flashing up once in a while with nothing in any remote danger of being driven into, sometimes coupled with the car's proximity/parking sensors warning something is there? I've also had the 'check roadway' proximity warning pop up a couple of times, without provocation. Perhaps the thing's haunted? Is there perhaps a software update? Seat Leon Cupra 280 ST registered June '05, built March '05. 5,300 miles. Treated nicely, literally clean as a whistle, always warm up the oil before spirited driving, gently hand washed once a week.

Thanks in advance.

2. mardon

mardon Feel the DIFFerence

Mine does this as well 2014 cupra 265.

3. PaulyM

PaulyM still learning

Yeah, my front sensors do the same. Usually when I'm in traffic but not close to the car in front. I thought maybe the sensors on the car in front were somehow 'confusing' it :shrug: I have a 14 plate FR.

4. Curtly

Curtly Active Member

I think it's quite common, mine do it on occasion but it doesn't bother me just makes me look up a bit more lol. I wonder if this is why they got deleted from standard spec on the fr?

5. Andy90

Andy90 Active Member

Mine does this but I've noticed it seems to be when I'm behind a relatively new Ford focus.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

6. Curtly

Curtly Active Member

Come to think of it the last time they went off I was behind a focus :think:

7. CyberGene

CyberGene Active Member

When I am behind (not necessarily too close to) new Renaults it does that as well. And sometimes it does that without any apparent reason or anything in proximity at all.

8. philhoward

philhoward Active Member

Exactly the same as I've found - normally a Focus (or something Ford generally) in the next lane (when crawling along the motorway in rush hour).

9. JACUPRA280

JACUPRA280 Active Member

Yeah I've experienced this too; that is, the parking sensors activating whem I'm not near anything. I call it 'ghosting', as in only a ghost could have caused it to happen. It does it once every 500 miles or so, I just ignore it.

10. Cupra Belfast

Cupra Belfast Active Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers. Nice to know something untoward isn't about to happen to the car's electrics.

11. Bhoopoo

Bhoopoo Active Member

Mine do it when I am behind a Ford with parking sensors when I get too close in traffic, must be something to do with the technology perhaps!

12. niggle

niggle Rollin' on 17s, baby!

Parking sensors work by emitting ultrasound and detecting the reflected sound waves. It's like a half-arsed radar system.

If the car in front is transmitting ultrasound with a similar frequency from its parking sensors then your car will mistakenly detect it as a strong reflection from a nearby obstacle.

#12 niggle, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016