parking sensors

WILE OF PANK

Am looking to fit and after market parking sensor kit to the rear of my car (Altea reference sport). There are several kits on ebay which basically have only two wires. One to connect to one of the rear reverse lights and the other to earth. Seems simple but there's another guy selling a tow bar kit who goes on and on about how his kit is the only one that won't fry your wiring/ECU. Have heard all sorts of rumours about VW/AUDI group wiring so my questions are these:- Would a scotch lock onto the reverse light wiring cause any problems? If it does, would the damage likley to be permanent or would just taking it off put thinks back to normal? And has anyone done this before? Cheers

Tell

Staff member
The Altea one hooks into the sound system and beeps on your rear speakers. Mine was retro fitted by the garage that sold me it, since when my car was built in the factory Seat UK just forgot to copy over my order for the rear parking sensors !.

I tend to use it a lot.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Auto Express recently did a big test on all the retro fit parking sensors available. Was just trying to find the mag but couldnt, maybe look on their website.

Dont blame you for wanting to do it, the Altea is an SOB to see out the back of. I sent a 306 flying one day when I reversed into it. Now I stick my head out the door when reverse parking :p

Considered doing this as well but after the non stop problems I had with my last car after retro fitting things I have decided to leave the Altea alone (with the exception of the new speakers!).

WILE OF PANK

Went back to the local dealer who quoted £125 for the sensor kit. Excellent I thought until they quoted £185 on top for fitting and labour. Three hours they say to fit???? Think I could do it in half that!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.