parrot ck3100 in new FR - help

Nomag

I'm delighted with my new FR TDi picked up today....except:
I have had a 3100 parrot bluetooth kit fitted, it pairs with my phone (Nokia 6021) brilliantly, but must be sending signals every few seconds to the stereo to mute it, for a split second, when I'm not using the phone/kit at all. This causes brief pauses or breaks in teh sound from the stereo and is very annoying! I noticed this evening in the dark, if the stereo is off it still does it, causing the display to light up for a fraction of a second on the stereo, then go off. It makes listening to any music a chore, as I can't find any way to switch off the bluetooth kit.
Any ideas folks? I'll go back to the dealer early next week if necessary, but it's a long journey back home on sunday without music! As it happens even when my phone is switched off and disconnected from the kit, I'm guessing it might be a wiring error?

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I think there's a choice of 3 mute cables when wiring these in, if the wrong one has been used this may be the problem. Also the perm live and ign live need swapping over on the parrot wiring loom.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Not sure what the problem is but just to reassure you mine did it only once per trip a few seconds after turning the ignition on. After that it remained quiet until a call came in.

So it is definitely fixable with the Parrot 3100

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
I have the same kit in my Leon R and everytime you use the phone the stereo cuts out. I have sorted this by turning off my kepad tomes and warning tones... Give that a try, but it may be cabling as mine only cuts the stereo when i use the phone or a low battery comes on.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
dont know if you guys are still having probs but i had this in my golf, and it was due to the powersave option on the phone not being on, this only allows the phone only to connect to it(bluetooth unit), mine kept dropping out as the phone was trying to connect to other devices it picked up, if that makes sense.no its music all the time and no beeps & c/off.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I'm delighted with my new FR TDi picked up today....except:
I have had a 3100 parrot bluetooth kit fitted, it pairs with my phone (Nokia 6021) brilliantly, but must be sending signals every few seconds to the stereo to mute it, for a split second, when I'm not using the phone/kit at all. This causes brief pauses or breaks in teh sound from the stereo and is very annoying! I noticed this evening in the dark, if the stereo is off it still does it, causing the display to light up for a fraction of a second on the stereo, then go off. It makes listening to any music a chore, as I can't find any way to switch off the bluetooth kit.
Any ideas folks? I'll go back to the dealer early next week if necessary, but it's a long journey back home on sunday without music! As it happens even when my phone is switched off and disconnected from the kit, I'm guessing it might be a wiring error?

NOMAG DO YOU HAVE PICS OF THE PARROT INSTALLED, THINKING OF GETTING ONE BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIT THE MONITOR BIT?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members