parrot iso wiring- some questions

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
don't want to bore anyone with introduction the problem so I just get straight to the point.
got parrot ck3100 with standard wiring and need reassurance how to connect it.

my questions in bold.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Installation_Advice/Car_Kit_Installation_SOT.htm

1. green and brown thin cables going out from blue box - marked line + and line -
I understand they are not required anymore?

2. two iso plugs - male and female go to SOT adapter

3. yellow cable is mute - does this connect to yellow cable from SOT adapter?

4. how to connect black (ground) orange and red 12v cables? where to feed it from? is there connection on the SOT cable?

Thanks for all help.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
ok I sort of found answers to my questions elsewhere.

but I'm wondering where is the best place to put the control box for parrot? is there any point removing glovebox compartment? is there enough space behind it ? I looked behind stereo and there doesn't seem to be enough space behind it so control box needs to go somewhere else... any suggestions?

gruffs

Dec 18, 2007
Hi there.

I reponded in the other thread eventually.

The best place to sore it i found was in the space to the left of the double DIN box where the dash is curved.

If you remove your glovebox, You shoudl be able to get all your wires coming out into the glovebox area. Now, if you feel between the curve of the dash and the double DIN box, there is lovely space. Connect all the boxes to the relevant connectors and tuck them into this space.

Re-fit your glovebox and you're done.

kieran FR 170

Careful not to unplug the air bag switch when removing the glove box, you'll set off a warning light which needs to reset by the dealer!
If you need any advice on installing give me a shout, I'm a car kkt fitter

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.