Part loss of power @3000rpm when under hard acceleration

dagale2002

Hi First post nOOb so here I go

A couple of weeks ago I brought a really good condition 1999 Ibiza 8V 2.0 Cupra, really happy with it and fun to drive..it has 1 little niggle...

When I'm passing 3000RPM under full acceleration in all gears except 1st, the car will jult and skip between full power and low power, all for a couple of seconds till I'm clear of 3000RPM

for instance I'm at a steady speed on the motorway, stay in gear (below 3k) then full throttle this is when it happens, if I drop it a gear and rag its fine?!

The car had a full service less then a 1000 miles ago, any thoughts?

dagale2002

Update!

A work colleague brought his OBD handheld in and we run a test..it come back as negative, no error codes what so ever :shrug:

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
hows ur oil lookin when i got mine it was a bit iffy at 3k then after a few week the oil light poped up turn out the previous owner hadn't chaged the oil/filter in god no's how long and the filter was blockin the oil flow since i changed mine it runs sweet

dagale2002

Oil seams fine man, i checked the exhaust system and the plugs today which are fine...but then i did stumble upon a loose/leaky breather pipe, once I cleaned it out and re fixed it seams to have made a positive difference :)

dagale2002

I have my suspicions its going to be the lambda sensor..my car has done 90k (I've only have it for the last 10k) and I bet the lambda sensor has never been changed and believe its covered in soot. I've borrowed some axle stands from a friend and will be getting underneath it this weekend (patching a little hole in the exhaust)

I guess there's no obvious/easy way of testing a lambda sensor once its been removed?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members