Part number help

Nightscape

My plastic untertrays have started falling off the car (the 2 that run from front to back). So went out and ripped them off. All 18 nuts that hold them on are gubbed.

Seat have been extremely unhelpful :blink:

Anyone got a part number or even what these "self tappers" are called?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
These are just the side covers and they are held on with lots of washer types of (retainer)things - any of these variants of washers from any VAG outlet seems to work, I bought my washer retainers from a VW Van Centre as the "threaded" "studs" seem to be a common diameter. Also I don't think that they are threaded - just grooved so the retainers just press up and on. While these side covers are off its a good idea to wash off all the trapped dirt which gets collected under these covers - not a good thing!

I'll have a look at what the retainer part number tomorrow and hand them over - they cost about £0.18 each by the way.

Last edited:

Nightscape

These are just the side covers and they are held on with lots of washer types of (retainer)things - any of these variants of washers from any VAG outlet seems to work, I bought my washer retainers from a VW Van Centre as the "threaded" "studs" seem to be a common diameter. Also I don't think that they are threaded - just grooved so the retainers just press up and on. While these side covers are off its a good idea to wash off all the trapped dirt which gets collected under these covers - not a good thing!

I'll have a look at what the retainer part number tomorrow and hand them over - they cost about £0.18 each by the way.

Thanks mate, yeah they had been scooping up gravel for ages! Had a big pile of crud after the pressure wash, managed to get some at seat this morning. Whether they have ordered the right bits or not is another question ....