Part of front bumper stolen

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Hi all. Someone has pinched the black plastic part of my front bumper that sits underneath the reg plate. It's the honeycomb part that protects the radiator etc. Car is a cupra st 300. Rang seat and they said it's £46 for the part.

Has this happened to anyone else on here? If I buy the part is it easy to put on?
Grateful for any help.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
Sorry to hear that! I have heard of many collision avoidance radar units getting stolen from the front end of golfs and seats, but not the grills. The bastards will steal anything if they can. :(

I’d imagine it would be easy enough to do, but it’s probably only a 5 minute job for a garage so you could buy the part and take it to the garage, it won’t cost much to have it fitted.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully they haven't damaged anything by removing it.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Sorry to hear that! I have heard of many collision avoidance radar units getting stolen from the front end of golfs and seats, but not the grills. The bastards will steal anything if they can. :(

I’d imagine it would be easy enough to do, but it’s probably only a 5 minute job for a garage so you could buy the part and take it to the garage, it won’t cost much to have it fitted.

There’ve been a few members over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who’ve had the entire front bumper stolen off their Golf GTi’s. Massive inconvenience and expense to the owners, and probably a few used Golf GTI front bumpers up for sale on eBay around the time they were stolen.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.