Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Parts for sale

Discussion in '** FORUM RULES & FAQ - Please Read **' started by Milesy1st 'R', Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can somebody please tell me where the section is for parts for sale as i cant seem to find it :( any help would be grateful :)

2. Seal_LCR

Seal_LCR Active Member

There isn't one only car sales

3. conorc

conorc Active Member

I asked this question recently.. quite a shame really as trading parts on forums is a great way to get bargains & avoid selling fees. Every other forum I've been on does it!

4. I've always been into my classic fords and am member of loads of forum's and everyone has a parts for sale section so i find it very odd that this forum hasn't!!! maybe its time they thought about introducing one i am sure it would be very popular

5. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

We used to, it was very popular.

However, the level of scammers both as new members and the existing membership meant something had to be done. We've not worked out a reliable method to protect us as the hosts, and you as the users - as such we haven't reintroduced it yet

6. What about a feedback policy and you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time and have a certain amount of posts??

7. Seal_LCR

Seal_LCR Active Member

Depends on how many posts etc even scammers could post for 15posts like the photos.

8. No thats not enough i am talking about say being a member for a minimum of a year and a certain number of posts say 500 posts which i think would potentially stop scammers as then they would be known to the forum

9. Brummy

Brummy Nazi Moderator-Bot

And, here we go again...........................

10. here we go again what? its a car forum therefore should have a car parts for sale section the same as every other car forum i am a member of, i am entitled to my opinion am i not? i was just thinking of the way other forum's do it to stop scammers!!! crikey because i am a newbie on here doesn't mean i am not new to car internet forum's and am not entitled to an opinion

11. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

What Brummy means is there have been more than this thread to discuss it

The problem with however many posts being 'trusted' is we still had people with a few thousand posts scamming

Feedback only works in arrears, people still need to be ripped off for that to work.

12. I know what you are saying m8 but thats half the reason why people join car clubs, internet forums, to get cheaper car parts/2nd hand parts as ebay is just completly full of scammers/rip off merchants, is there no way of doing it?

13. yellonvi-R

yellonvi-R Active Member

Ebays ok....read sellers feedback first before buying.

14. In certain circumstances ebay is ok but have been stitched up before by people with decent feedback and stitched up myself as a seller so disagree with you there m8

15. wezza12

i personally think its the risk you take when buying summin off the internet there are scammers every you cant help that. i agree we need a forsale section cause trying to find mods for these cars on ebay and other 2nd hand sites is as rare as rocking horse ****!!

16. yellonvi-R

yellonvi-R Active Member

Forums are no better than ebay! Fact....theres scammers everywhere so i disagree with you.

17. BrettBlade

Can never go wrong going to collect and paying cash! Maybe the forum can re-introduce the section to advertise the parts, but whilst employing a disclaimer that no responsibility will be taken for any postal deals!

18. Grayboy

Grayboy Full Member

I second this.

True which is why you have to take precautions, what happened to this world why does there always have to be a safety net or be someone elses fault for not taking care of yourself?
    If you want top condition guaranteed parts buy new...... when it comes to used parts most people are generally honest but it's a dog eat dog world out there if you don't cover your arse there is a chance you get burned enter with your eyes open it's not a forums fault simples.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

19. wezza12

20. Brummy

Brummy Nazi Moderator-Bot

And...

here we go again...................

*To quantify...

These type of 'wheres the sales section/how about doing this /that /other appear every couple of weeks or so.. usually from noobs who havent *used the search facility/are here just to sell a few bits they have left over now they've sold their car etc etc.. they are obviously unaware of the previous issues with scammers .
    These very issues which used to create so many headaches for not just the poor soul being ripped off, but for the moderators who tried to help by messaging the seller etc, and ultimately the Admins/owners of the site that faced possible litigation due to this.
    I can understand that its strange to go on a car forum and there not be a parts sales area, and yes, admittedly, even i found it a PITA when the parts sales section went, but went it did so we move on, theres lots of other places for you to find parts. (or even get ripped off if you so desire)

The decision to shut the trading area was taken after a VERY LONG and PROTRACTED decision making process by both the admin and moderating team. We knew we'd get these threads, we knew we'd have people giving us all the very ideas we threw into the pan before making the decision ( but the noobs dont know this - catch 22)

And yes, *opinions*.. you have one, i have one too.. just like ar$£ holes and belly buttons.. EVERY F@cker has them.

HTH.

:D

#20 Brummy, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.