Passat W8 light screws?

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi all fitted my W8 light last night and was really impressed with how useful the red low lights are in the unit. Im in the car in the night all the time and searching for things is a nightmare, but anyway back to my problem.

The original light was held in by 2 screws and the cover was easily removed, but after fitting the passat light i went to put the screws back in and didnt want to try and get the clear plastic piece out incase i broke it.
Can anyone who has fitted it confirm that the light can be screwed in as when my music is on, the light is vibrating and doing my head in!!! :censored:

Cheers people

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
please folks really dont want to break the light messing about trying to get the clear plastic cover off if there is no holes there to screw the passat light in like the standard cupra one.
Surely someone who has fitted the light will know? Vibration noise is driving me nuts!!

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I had one in the Toledo (Same as the Leon) and had the same issue. I basically left it in place with no screws and had no problems with it falling out or rattling.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Fair enough. I don't think you can screw it in anyways - not sure if there may be another way to secure it.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
yea know what u mean mate, cheers for the reply. Ive got some dynamat left over from fitting my sounds so think i will take the light out and see what i can do to stop the vibrations. Its fine when i put my hand on it and i am sure that when i fitted it i noticed that there were screw holes in the light but doesnt look like the holes come through so if i cant get rid of the ratle might hav to drill a little hole in the unit to secure it. Arse will be going like hell when im doing it but its only £25 if it all goes pete tong lol :)

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Haha yeah. Well let us know how you get on... maybe try sitting the two lights next to each other and see if they are far out of line?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.