Passenger dipped headlight not working

May6470

Dec 10, 2014
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Was doing the normal checks on my car, oil coolant screenwash etc shut the bonnet started the car and it said the passenger side dipped Headlight was gone.

Had a look and it was, took it out and it all seemed. Popped down to Halfords, got another one and exactly the same issue.

Would anyone have any ideas on this before I end up having to book it into a garage?

It’s a 2014 FR, thanks!

Last edited:

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Usual suspects in the most likely order: lamp, fuse, spade connections, earthing, relay, loom damage, switching.

If it was fine before you slammed the bonnet then I'd wriggle the multi plug into the headlight first.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Was doing the normal checks on my car, oil coolant screenwash etc shut the bonnet started the car and it said the passenger side dipped Headlight was gone.

Had a look and it was, took it out and it all seemed. Popped down to Halfords, got another one and exactly the same issue.

Would anyone have any ideas on this before I end up having to book it into a garage?

It’s a 2014 FR, thanks!
If the fitting looks okay, try swapping the left and right bulbs. I have a mk2 fr and needed new rear fitting and new bulb, but still showing faults.
Car does electrical checks and should be same on left and right sides. But, with my car, swapping the left and right bulbs fixed it.

Separately, I also had a dodgy headlight bulb from Halfords, they replaced with a better Bosch one. Might just be bad bulb...

May6470

Dec 10, 2014
Thanks guys,

I’ve wiggled the connection and cleaned it I should have said. I haven’t swapped the bulbs over yet I will yet that.

Do the left and right dipped have different fuses, the drivers side is fine still. I know the older models did but from looking at the fuse lay out it seems they don’t anymore.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Mine has fuse 36 for right and 37 for left, but this is LED headlight on facelift model - I don't have the manual for yours.

As above, swapping the lamps over may prove the CanBus system is having an issue with the new one - or that there is a high resistance in the circuit.

Reactions: seatgraham
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.