passenger door and volumetric alarm fault

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
Hey folks, hope someone with some auto electrical knowledge can assist me...

I just picked up my 2003 Toledo yesterday. I discovered a couple of problems. Note, I do not have the remote key fob, only the door key.

1) Alarm goes off when opening the passenger door for the first time after unlocking the car.

So I had a look in to this, and found a thread somewhere online describing how this could be a microswitch problem. It was possibly also linked to the volumetric alarm switch.

I need the car to go on a ferry in a couple of months, so need to be able to turn the volumetric alarm off - using the button on the door pillar. I pressed and held it, and it went red, presumably telling me it was tuned off?

2) I dont seem to be able to turn it off now either (the light on the button - i.e. to turn the volumetric alarm back on

Any ideas anyone? I've had a good search through the foums and whilst I've managed to sort out some of the other issues I have (thanks everyone) and there are threads about alarms, nothing quite covers my problem

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
You need to get a key with a fob ,
As soon as you unlock the car with the key it's self you have a certain amount of time (not sure how long) , but you have to get the key in the ignition and start the car before the alarm goes off to deactivate the alarm this is a security feature not a fault ,

Also if you unlock it but don't open the door it will re-lock it's self after a few seconds this is another feature

As for the button on the pillar I've never worked mine out so don't use it but my alarm has never gone on on a ferry and I've been on a few

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
Ok great thanks for coming back to me. Discovered that manually opening the boot from locked also sets the alarm off. Same reason? I'll look in to getting a key fob....

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
I've looked around online and it seems getting a fob is not cheap. Any advice on best/cheapest way to source?

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Craig nettleton is the man for keys , he came to my house (mobile locksmith ) cut and coded the key and fob on my drive and does a fully operational Bentley replica key and working remote for £110 but can be less depending where you are in the country but may be able to do you a basic remote cheaper
He gets up and down the country a lot so will be in an area near you soon

this is his website

http://www.autosolutions-autolocksmiths.co.uk/contact-us.php

Last edited:

stillfirm

Feb 20, 2016
hi folks thanks for the steer on this
I got in touch with Craig and he quoted £100 to provide one key. not bad I guess but I only bought the car for 250 and its not getting daily use - I can live without the fob and just need to think about what I'm doing when going to open the boot or passenger doors :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise