Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Passenger door handle, pull twice to open?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by tyranical, May 10, 2010.

1. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

From the inside when you open the passenger door on my 55 plate FR you have to pull the handle twice to open the door, is it meant to be like that as it doesn't do it on the passenger door?

It annoys my girlfriend as she's used to my old car lol, I told her it was a safety device to shut her up but I don't actually know if it is?

2. IainW

Anti-hijack locking system. You can unlock it with the button next to your door handle before she breaks the passenger one. :lol:

3. great_kahn

great_kahn Spooge

Annoying as hell.. you have to be quick to unclock the door or you passenger will just sit there like a retard trying to tear your door handle off. :lol:

4. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

no no no, She can do it herself without me unlocking it. When I stop the car and we are both sat in it, she has to pull the interior handle twice to make the door open, the first time it doesn't open the door, the second time it does. On my side I only have to pull it once

5. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Thats single door opening then. Her door remains locked but yours is open.

6. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

How is it? her's is not locked because she can open it if she pulls the handle twice one after the other I don't have to press any buttons to make it work or anything.

I'm very confused, perhaps im explaining it poorly but the fact everyone is getting confused makes me think its not meant to be doing it or you'd know what I meant? lol.

7. .Phase

happens on mine too!

you take the key out ignition and the driver door unlocks, but passenger's have to pull the handle twice! weirddd

8. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

Yes, exactly this.

9. great_kahn

great_kahn Spooge

Is there any way to disable the passenger door handle to prevent escapes??

10. techie

techie Skoda Techie

The first pull unlocks the door, the second pull opens it.

11. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

Aha, i see, but what possible function does this have that is of any use to anyone? If it was some sort of anti-hijack device surely that should be on the drivers door as noones going to jump in the passenger side first!

12. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Why not?

Normally people leave stuff on the passenger seat.

Also worth noting even pulling the handle twice from the outside wont open the door

13. rf860

rf860 Active Member

this is very annoying, is there any way this can be programmed through vagcom to unlock the passenger's side aswell when you take out the key?

14. Biker

Biker Full Member

Reading this thread has caused my blood to boil.
    Who do Seat think they are confusing their customers like this.
    They should be made to provide some sort of documentation or user manual with their vehicles, ideally containing detailed instructions regarding the operation of their automobiles.

SHAME ON YOU SEAT

15. tyranical

tyranical Active Member

Is this sarcastic I can't tell? lol.

It only confused me because it was only on one side, if it had happened on both driver and passenger door I would of worked out that it was a safety feature, i hadn't realised the first pull unlocked and the second opened as i hadn't heard the doors unlocking at the first pull or anything.

16. Vickeh

Vickeh Guest

With mine the back diver side door does that. even from the outside.

17. connor ibiza

connor ibiza Guest

That sounds wierd! Suppose its a good safety device, iv experienced it on a few other new cars when the car is locked and im inside though. I love youe excuse to your girlfriend too, best she bought it haha!

18. connor ibiza

connor ibiza Guest

That sounds wierd! Suppose its a good safety device, iv experienced it on a few other new cars when the car is locked and im inside though. I love youe excuse to your girlfriend too, best she bought it.

19. rhumber

That's strange because on my old Leon Cupra (2002) when you took the key out the ignition it would unlock all the doors, but as it had the auto-locking on it was annoying when you are dropping someone off with the ignition on and passengers were pulling hard on the handle!

I'm suprised it didn't break in all those years of people doing that!

20. joesmad4it

joesmad4it Cupra TD-aight!

That's exactly what my Cupra does, like you say annoying as hell when you drop someone off as they pull once, door doesn't open so they pull harder [:@]

Is this only deactivated by VAGCOM then?