Passenger door lock issues!

MegsFr

Sep 11, 2018
Berkshire
Hello!
So recently bought a 2009 seat Leon fr and all going good until yesterday.
Locked the car as normal, went an collected a friend and she couldn't open the door from the outside. It worked from the inside so thought we'd fixed it. She got out and tested it again and all was fine until I locked it with the button and again it wouldn't open from outside!

Any ideas on what this could be? And anything I could try?

Thanks in advance!

MegsFr

Sep 11, 2018
Berkshire
This one I can help you with lol

Happened to all 4 of my doors...

Check this thread (cannot find the original one)

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/rear-passenger-door-wont-open.446365/#post-4795304

Post 7 I think I put the video link

You need some trim removers, a drill and some wd40 lol or about £250 a door for a replacement...

Let me know if you need any further help

Cheers
Perfect thank you!! I'll stick with the trim removers, drill and wd40 for now! Haha!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Jackpot!

Happy to help. Did yours work straight away? I had to wait overnight as it hadn't been working for a while.

How many times did you open it from locked to make it worked lol I must of got into double figures haha

MegsFr

Sep 11, 2018
Berkshire
Jackpot!

Happy to help. Did yours work straight away? I had to wait overnight as it hadn't been working for a while.

How many times did you open it from locked to make it worked lol I must of got into double figures haha

Hahaha! Yeah worked straight away :) and definitely into double figures unlocking and locking it! Haha

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.