Passenger Door Unlock problems

CymanLeBon

Mar 6, 2012
Have the same problem driver side passenger door only will not open via key fob..
Door will only open via inside handle and it is annoying really.

GrahameS

Oct 4, 2003
Coventry
Visit site
My Wifes 09 FR has just started doing this as well, since the cold weather has started it seems?

Once it's been opened from the inside once it will open/ close, lock/unlock fine from the fob until it's been standing for a while again. Which makes me think there's something mechanical that's a bit stiff/ seized after it's been left standing.
Are there any components of the mechanism that might be worse affected by the cold/ wet.

I guess i'm wondering if a bit of WD40 somewhere might ease the mechanism, or is it more of an electrical issue?

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
it starts off as being intermittent to the point where you cant take it anymore and will end up replacing the mechaniam. its not an expensive fix really just time consuming. wd40 will pretty much not solve it imo

joestella28

Aug 21, 2010
Replaced the lock module and still no joy :(

I'm going to open up the module I took off to see I can see any obvious solder breaks (seen this on a Golf forum).

Looking like it's going to need to go to Seat :(

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Replaced the lock module and still no joy :(

I'm going to open up the module I took off to see I can see any obvious solder breaks (seen this on a Golf forum).

Looking like it's going to need to go to Seat :(

If you haven't adjusted the wire that latches onto the door handle properly then the lock won't work.
Happened to me , after a quick adjustment all was fixed.

Did you buy a brand new one or from a breakers ?

joestella28

Aug 21, 2010
Right, just adjusted it, I'm not sure if that made a difference but the symptoms seem to have changed from before I changed the lock to where it is now.

The door will not lock at all from the key fob. However if I lock it using the key (open the door and turn the yellow screw with the key above the lock face) door locks when shut and will open every time with the key fob. This is an improvement on what I had before as it would unlock with the key fob before.

Seems as though a sensor isn't recognising the door is shut to allow it to lock?

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
Im getting the same issues here too!

2010 FR model.

Both passenger N/S doors were intermittent, and now they are not working at all, I have to unlock them from the inside!

So, does anyone have both the part numbers for me please?

Thanks
Jordan

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
Im getting the same issues here too!

2010 FR model.

Both passenger N/S doors were intermittent, and now they are not working at all, I have to unlock them from the inside!

So, does anyone have both the part numbers for me please?

Thanks
Jordan

joestella28

Aug 21, 2010
I'm still having issues with mine, the door locks and unlocks every time on the fob without problem but I still have issues with the alarm going off and draining the battery, anyone know what this might be?

Thanks,

Joe

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
so it should be 1P0839015 but thats for the link you posted, i can't work out how to get to the other door DOH

:D They only show one door side on the parts base website but the part numbers will be different for Left or Right doors, for example:

door lock
7 1P0839015 door lock; left; PR-4F8,4K3 1
7 1P0839015B door lock; left; PR-4I2,4K0 1

7 1P0839016 door lock; right; PR-4F8,4K3 1
7 1P0839016B door lock; right; PR-4I2,4K0 1

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Some extra info. New door locks should cost around £120 - £125 each delivered. At least that's what I paid last year for my right rear lock. £116.30 plus £4.95 delivery
David @ Sere Motors should be able to give you a quote

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
:D They only show one door side on the parts base website but the part numbers will be different for Left or Right doors, for example:

door lock
7 1P0839015 door lock; left; PR-4F8,4K3 1
7 1P0839015B door lock; left; PR-4I2,4K0 1

7 1P0839016 door lock; right; PR-4F8,4K3 1
7 1P0839016B door lock; right; PR-4I2,4K0 1

Ah brilliant, thank you...

Its both left doors that I need, so I'm guessing B could be rear? Or is this all the front door codes?

Jordan