Passenger Door Unlock problems

Farqhuit

Jul 21, 2016
I've ordered the lock, full price from Seat, unfortunately (time pressure! can't be doing with ebay). I think it's the latching bit, the motor and the controller all together. I am not sure how to get the old one out. I can do the door card (just, and a bit breaks off every time), but not sure if disconnecting the mech from the cable to the exterior handle is difficult. Also got the triple square bit turning up from Screwfix tomorrow for the exterior screws. Any help/knowledge on this last disassembly bit?

Jul 19, 2019
While diagnosing an unreliable central-locking gear, a VCI revealed:
01553 Passive/Sporadic Central locking motor - passenger door -V57.LOCK- Electrical malfunction in circuit
00929 Passive/Sporadic Lock unit for central locking,Passenger side -F221- Implausible signal

After an extended learning process, I was determined to repairing the motor. Here is how I dismantled and fixed it: http://www.moses-electronix.com/Mabuchi_FC-280PD-20150_Repair.pdf .

Good luck!

Jul 19, 2019
I'm having the exact same issue on my '57 Leon FR. I can open the door fine from the internal handle but it frequently doesn't not unlock via the keyfob or the internal unlock button. Seems to be more frequent on warm days.

Did you solve your problem?
Apparently I eventually did after having dismantled the door three times. For a couple of weeks now, it has been working as expected. Before, it was clearly unreliable: It showed either your problem, or the FOB didn't do the central lock, or the outer handle didn't open the door etc. etc. Most exiting was the burglar alarm when I opened the door after the central lock failed.
You must not concentrate on just the motor, because there are tons of net reports about the harness broken within the door hinge, or faulty microswitches in the lock box. Not only the elaborate blog http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=451892&highlight=Mabuchi_FC-280PD-20150 tipped me off about the root cause, the detailed OBD was the decisive home run.