passenger door wont shut flush

andythrill

ive just bought a ibiza 1.2 04 plate and ive noticed the passenger door dosent shut flush,if i slam the door it sits better but i just want to be able able to shut it normally and look fine,somebody on this forum has already said to move the door striker towards the car and that this might help,but im not sure could it be anything else also the bolts to the striker are a strange shape anybody know where i can buy a key for these and at what price ,cheers guys

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
halfrauds or snap on or mac tools will sell this tool and moving the striker is all that needs doing TRUST ME ;)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
whats a striker then, and what does it look like? My drivers door feels like its a few mm too low so when i close it, it feels like its catching more than it should. The passenger door was the same but i got that fixed before i picked up the car

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
when you open the door its the gold braket looking object half way up the door shut what grabs the catch on the door when closed it has two multisplined torx bolts securing it to the chassis

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
If the door is too low, shove it up. After four years one of my Ibiza's just needed a good hard tug upwards to bend the end panles where the hinges attach just a fraction so that it lined up again, or put a jack underneath and give it a shove

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.