PD130 Engine Management light

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
Have had my engine management light come on right after i changed my glow plugs , have read the codes and am getting 17055-17058 so basically intermittent electrical signal on all four glow plugs.

Ive looked at my fuses behind the drivers side door panel and cant see any blown ones , same with the fusible links on the top of the battery , have checked the two relays i can see under the drivers side of the dash and they both are still clicking so i assume they are working.

Could it be that the replacement plugs are not the correct ones? , or is it more likely the glow plug harness has died randomly after being unclipped :S

Any thoughts thanks [:@]

Removed the "new" glow plugs and all of them are really really sooty or burnt and the ones from cylinders 2 & 4 the tips of the glow plugs look sort of crinkled. have put the old ones back in for now and im going to clear the fault codes down and see if that works , could the glow plugs have been the wrong ones for my engine?

Last edited:

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
yeah the "new" ones had a red band as opposed to a green one on the original ones , and from what i have been on beru website the plugs look like they have been subjected to post heating when they aint designed for it?. Do pd130s use post heating or is it just pre heat and engine start with them?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.