pd130 mods

eggy1991

looking at making the most of my pd130 and wondered if anyone has done any mods what are relatively cheap with out going daft

im obv gonna map it at jbs auto designs in chesterfield

just wondered about anything of the cupra pd160 engine would swap onto mine and improve mine

much appreciated on any help

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
How much do mean by cheap. £££££'s

I usually start with a car by making sure it's healthy and well serviced before it starts to get any beans. Then move on to powerflex bushes. After that springs and shocks but complementing ARB's is better with that which makes it a bit expensive. Brakes can be done for £200 to £500 depending on how you go about it or a couple of grand if you're crazy. Then the best in my mind is good rubber on your wheels and not necessarily bigger wheels just good tyres. Although this was true of my leon it was not however true of my cordoba as it needed a better suspension setup and stronger ARB's to maintain the tyre/road contact patch.

Hope this ramble was useful/interesting to you.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Rear anti roll bar will improve handling 100%
better front brakes Audi tt brakes 312mm is a good up grade.
Front mount intercooler and hard pipeing kit to stop future boost leaks plus it will make the most of a remap.
Engine remap
Poly bush serspension arms etc.

After all this should be on its way to a nice qwick little car that can stop and handle at the same time

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
On TDI Club some of the guys swap the 130 intake to the PD150 intake manifold, apparently this makes some sort of difference to the low down torque? :shrug:

I have a PD150 anyway but as above, get the suspension and brakes sorted (coils/sprigns & shocks, tyres, anti roll bars, 312mm brakes) and you will see cornering speeds increase, intercooler, back box delete/exhaust, direct air intake (to standard box, not cone filter), remap and then depends how much further you want to go.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
All the above advise is good but what would be more helpful is what you want from the car. Are you interested in traffic light Grand Prix or booked track days. Do you want your car to look good or handle well? No reason you can't to both on the last one but an idea of what you want to achieve is properly a good idea.

Budget or longtime project would also be good

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.