PD130 Strange Mild Misfire Issue

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
Hi all,

Had a good search for answers but couldn't find anything for this.

Ibiza FR TDi with PD130 lump.

When the engine is warm and after i've parked the car for a few moments or at traffic lights i'm getting a slight misfire. I say slight because you can just feel the engine shudder slightly as if it's missing a beat, but it's very minor so hard to feel it.

It's got a full straight through exhaust as well so when you're at the back and listening properly, you can hear the engine as if it's skipping / missing a beat every now and then.

After about 30 seconds to a minute of idling, i can then hear the turbo spooling up. This stops the the misfire type noise.
It never does the misfire noise when cold either

The DMF is showing signs of wear as well and although that comes and goes (it's not bad enough to change yet) i don't think it's causing the noise.

Any ideas?
TDi noob here

S7UYJ

Sep 7, 2010
Manchester
Have you read codes? I had pretty much identical symptoms, code came back as injector open to short or ground. Basically a bad connection from the loom to the injector. When hot its getting sprayed with hot oil so I'm guessing that's why it was only when warm.

You may also find a slight misfire as you accelerate in some conditions or a minor glitch at cruise sometimes?

My problem got worse over the last year before it went to a total loss of cyl 3!

Easy fix it that's it, rocker cover off, wd40 the connections, all good!