pd130 suspension

catalan

Hi lads, has anyone fitted Seat Sport Suspension to an ibiza mk4 pd130?

Mine is 3 year old and 90k kilometers (about 55k miles) and it's time to change the standard crap. I think Seat Sport suspension used to be Bilstein dampers + eibach springs but it is Sachs dampers now: which one does provide better handling and ride? Which one would last longer? I'm also thinking about Bilstein B6sport / B8sprint dampers as I heard Bilstein is a bit better, is that true?

Thanks for ur advice, cheers from Barcelona!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I've got the Seat Sport kit on my car and it's Eibach springs with Sachs dampers here in the UK. Apparently it's been discontinued here, but not sure whether that's the case over in Spain?

I can't really compare it the Blisteins, but can certainly say it's better than stock.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
i had bilsteins in a 306 Dturbo i had , tho it was GTi6 arms bushes etc , rock hard , i tell ya , too hard 4 our roads, using koni adjustables shocks , altho i have em on thier firmest settings at least i know i can turn them down

Triple D

Myself and STOCKY have the Sachs Performance kit on ours, although i work for sachs it does have the exact same parts as the seat sport kit (sachs shocks and eibach springs). It drops the car nicely and is much firmer than the setup on my Fr orignally. I cant comment on the Bilsteins as i haven't been in or driven a mk4 with them on. The choice is up to yourself really, all we can do is tell you what ours are like and tell you the plus and minus sides of them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.