PD160 intake mod

Robm-FR

worth doing?

I've got a standard PD130

Hopefully booked in next month for a Stage 1 remap and panel filter at P-Torque :D

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
definately! the mas air flow logs show a huge increase when done, and also seal off the surrounds when you put it back in as alot of air can escape from the walls of the intake part.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
What do you mean, not heard this before?

lol i knew somebody would ask, basically...the intake is screwed on and you cn see where it is screwed on right? around the air intake from the front of the car has gaps around the rest of the piece (going into the airbox) you should tape those up so that it is completely sealed and no air escapes.
try it, open your bonnet and put your hand around the intake part (infront of the battery to the left) and you will feel air escaping.
make sense?

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
the part in the red box...seal around it

86454805.jpg

just a quick pic i got off the net to show u what i mean

RoSonic

Nov 21, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Why would that be a problem ?
That air escapes there only at high speed and because it can't go anywhere else (the rest of the intake has the air flow that it can handle - so the extra air needs to go somewhere )...

Last edited:

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I have been told that it is quite pointless if the car is not re-mapped. But it does make a slight difference if it is mapped after fitting.

This thread might be useful: Seatcupra.net - Mk4 Ibiza FAQ's - Green Panel filter and PD 160 Intake

This is a very popular mod and I think SEAT have cottoned on to this fact, so you will be shocked at the price. I have read it is £80 for a bit of plastic tubing and a wider trumpet. :-o

Ibiza Cupra Intake Trumpet - 6LL 129 621
Ibiza Cupra Intake Pipe - 6LL 129 618

Last edited:

fr derv

i have a 2007 fr 130 pd. its remapped and militek exhast and down pipe. i was goin to put on a pd 160 intake. but my mate says my turbo wudnt stick it. he remaps cars. and he said that my turbo nat strong enough to put the pd 160 intake on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members