Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

People that fixed the snapped clutch pedal themselves... HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by Ninja, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Ninja

Ninja Cupra now gone :(

As you may have seen from the end if this sticky thread here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104049 my cluch pedal snapped yesterday :(

Anyway i see that quite a few of you have removed the pedal and had this welded before refitting yourselves..

Well this is what i have done but now i am having a problem re-fitting the pedal :(

Basically... I dont know where this is supposed to go :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its probably pretty obvious but it just fell out when i was pushing the rod over so i could slide the pedal off.... I cant see where it goes though :(

Can anyone please please help ? If i can fit this back myself the whole issue will have cost me nothing :)

Cheers
    Dan

2. Smoki333

Smoki333 Active Member

U might wanna get a new one cause when mine broke i put a new one in a the pedal felt loads smoother. It sits between the pedal and the firewall if u get me.

3. Ninja

dont suppose you have a part number or anything mate ?

My car has a firewall ?? ;) lol sorry.. just cant see where its supposed to go :(

4. Smoki333

Smoki333 Active Member

No part number, sry, trying to get a pic

5. Ninja

wicked thanks :)

6. R953 VSE

R953 VSE Full Member

it doesn't look broken so i wouldn't bother getting a new one.

as above it basically just sits between the pedal and the car, if you have a look around you should see where its supposed to go at the top of the pedal.

its a pig to refit as it needs to be fairly compressed to slip back in. i tightened a tie wrap round it to compress it but it was still a pain to fit.

7. Smoki333

Smoki333 Active Member

The big thing on the left is the clutch pedal, u can just make out where the spring is.

(Click pic to make bigger)
    [​IMG]

8. npd

npd Active Member

i had the same problem with mine i put the spring in the vice and compressed it down wiv sum cable ties? then cut them off wen its in place?

9. R953 VSE

R953 VSE Full Member

yeah same as me, but the cable ties i had were crap and kept snapping due to the strength of the spring.

10. npd

npd Active Member

i put 3 cable ties on mine was easy to do

11. wazo

wazo Active Member

putting the spring back is possibly the hardest part of the job but if your very carefull you can locate where the spring fits in the fire wall then pull the clutch pedal forward (upwards)just enough to get the spring to fit the clutch pedal ive done three pedals upto now and seems to work all the same

12. Ninja

wicked thanks for your help people :)

Will have another look tomorrow!

13. Ninja

so am i right in thinking i can get the pedal attached back in place then put this spring back in after ?

14. R953 VSE

R953 VSE Full Member

yeah i think the spring is about the last bit that goes on if i remember right.

15. Ninja

wicked thanks matey.. reckon i probably know what i have to do now :)

Stupid bloody thing to happen though.... Definately a fault in the design!!

16. simontrueman

simontrueman Guest

struggling with that spring on mine same thing happened the other day, thanks for great advice everyone on this site. struggling with spring when you say firewall im confused! on mine cupra its looks like it locates onto a metal plate with an indent it, am i looking at it wrong thanks for any help

17. Ninja

sounds about right to me.. the picture above should help quite a bit..

I ended up taking mine to my local mechanic mate to sort while i was at work.. apparently took him about an hour and half and lots of swearing to get the spring back in lol

18. 23mjh

23mjh Active Member

simon that sounds right to me i put mine in da bin cos i snapped it in a vise dont know if this is a good idea tho but its been months now n my clutch is really light without it:confused:

19. simontrueman

simontrueman Guest

thanks guys got it located this lunchtime, used 3 zip ties stood on spring to compress & pulled spring tight with pliers, then once tight cut one tie off and with lots of swearing & dropping spring on face etc (awkward job though access differcult) eventually got in place, stiff neck now. Its better with the spring in tightens up clutch stops it moving side to side, more positiveANYONE WHO HAS TO PUT CLUTCH TO FLOOR CHECK UNDER STEERING COLUMN might break in a bad spot, like mine on a long holiday in france still in the end 10 euros for the welder, buys him 2 beers, im driving & smiling again - back in business!!

20. mk3_cupra

mk3_cupra Guest

Mine just went yesterday evening!