Petrol or diesel?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I do 20k a year in my17 fr 1.4 eco tsi and I have a long term average of 46mpg which is definitely on a par with with Astra h 1.9cdti Sri. Petrol is definitely getting better with regards to mpg and with the new taxation system and ultra low emissions zones coming into effect in most major uk cities, diesels will be hit hardest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I do 20k a year in my17 fr 1.4 eco tsi and I have a long term average of 46mpg which is definitely on a par with with Astra h 1.9cdti Sri. Petrol is definitely getting better with regards to mpg and with the new taxation system and ultra low emissions zones coming into effect in most major uk cities, diesels will be hit hardest.

Cruising on the motorway on or around 70mph, do you get low to mid 50s mpg wise?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Not sure tbh, I tend to set the cruise to 80 on dual carriageway but I'd imagine somewhere around there would be about right. The 46mpg i mentioned is my long term average and the since refuel figures tends to be around the same.

On a commute to work which is 25 miles on flowing a road and a 2 mile stretch of dual carriageway I've looked at the since start fuel consumption and seen it at over 62mpg before I've gone on the dual section. Can't complain at that from the little petrol lump.

Granty312

Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for the help, I had a surging issue which was caused by a split diaphragm in the air flow breathing system kit or something! This is now been sorted today, hopefully this will help my fuel consumption!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.