Phone contacts...

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Hi guys... I asked this in another forum - which appears dead !

Hi,
Just got my new Leon, and have paired my Samsung s2 phone, but the dash display will only show the call log... is it possible to get it to show "contacts" instead ?

Oddly, the "contacts" DO appear on the main screen :givein:
Not many replies, so I contacted Seat...

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
UPDATE:

Had a call from Seat, she started off with "your phone is not compatible..." Which is odd, as the contacts appear on the main screen !!!!!
When I told her that a friend has the previous model and hers DOES display contacts in her car but not in mine... the Seat lady was at a loss... so she went off to discuss this with a tech team, and will phone me back.

I suspect theres going to be a firmware update real soon !!! lol

The same day, she rang me again to say that the tech guy(s) were at a loss over this and suggested that :

A: My phone is not compatible (which is odd, as its a world leader....or was)
B: The contacts are stored in the 'wrong' place.

When the contacts placement issue was discussed the first time, it got me to thinking... as I have an Android, my contacts are stored at Google... I thought YAY, thats the problem, but alas no...
I copied them to the SIM, car still not playing, then I aslo copied them to the phone... so now they are in THREE places, and fffftttt still nowt.

The conclusion they came to was that for some reason this "function" has been removed from the new model(s) which was baffling to both of us.

So, unless you know differently - I bet there is a firmware update on the way [:@]

faw13

Sep 2, 2013
Well in the manual it says you can view your phonebook on the main screen, but in the matrix dot screen you only can see the last calls, thats how it is with my FR too, not a problem

i dont know about mk2 but mk3 leon doesnt show that info on the matrix dot screen

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Hi guys... I asked this in another forum - which appears dead !

Hi,
Just got my new Leon, and have paired my Samsung s2 phone, but the dash display will only show the call log... is it possible to get it to show "contacts" instead ?

Oddly, the "contacts" DO appear on the main screen :givein:
Not many replies, so I contacted Seat...

Have you got the tec pack with the bigger screen?
On mine it shows the contacts

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I have a MK2 Leon & a Galaxy S3

all my contacts appear on my MFD when the phone is paired.

On the pairing process, a message appeared on my Galaxy phone saying 'SEAT BT requests access to your phone book' Approve?

I checked the box that said 'dont ask again' and pressed OK button

Phone paired & all my contacts were shown.

Couple of pointers:

The BT system in the MK3 may be reading your phone memory, rather than the SIM card, so copy all your contacts from the SIM to the phone, pair your phone & see if the contacts appear.

Last edited:

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
The BT system in the MK3 may be reading your phone memory, rather than the SIM card, so copy all your contacts from the SIM to the phone, pair your phone & see if the contacts appear.

>I copied them to the SIM, car still not playing, then I aslo copied them to the phone... so >now they are in THREE places, and fffftttt still nowt.

Plus my mates phone does it in HER car, but not mine.... it HAS to be a firmware thing ???

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
>I copied them to the SIM, car still not playing, then I aslo copied them to the phone... so >now they are in THREE places, and fffftttt still nowt.

Plus my mates phone does it in HER car, but not mine.... it HAS to be a firmware thing ???

Have you tried you phone in your mates (HER) car?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
To find out if its the phone or the car. Is your mates Leon a mk2 or mk3?

Last edited:

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
My Nexus 4 (Google Flagship, Android 4.3) also only shows call history. Very annoying, hoping it may only be an update needed for the car.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Have you tried you phone in your mates (HER) car?

No... But what's your theory?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

To find out if its the phone or the car. Is your mates Leon a mk2 or mk3?

Just tried my phone in her car... Worked first time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Thought that may happen,and it all points to an issue with the unit in your car and not the phone as your test proved, get back on to Seat and insist they fix it

They will fob you of at first, as they already have,but if you keep on at them they will sort it

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
My Mk3 was bought yesterday. I also find that Contacts in my phone (galaxy S2) only come on the Navi screen, not on dash display, which only shows last calls. There's nothing about it in the various manuals, but I am wondering if you manually insert a contact into the car system might that show on the dash display???

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
So I got another phone call from Seat... Seems this "feature" has been removed, I have asked for it to be reinstated, but I wouldn't hold your breath. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Great, another feature removed. By the time my car is delivered it might not come with wheels!

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Sheer madness - I'd love to know the reason.

My Dad's Merc can do that AND read SMS aloud! So much for being German underneath!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise