Picked up my New Leon Last night

soapysoap

Hi,
I'm new to the forum (second post) but I thought I'd get involved cos I'm pretty excited about my new car.
picked it up last night after an 8 week wait. I ordered a 2.0 TDI sport in Luna grey with sunroof,heated seats, mp3 and a couple of extra airbags in the rear. Unfortunatley Seat deleted the sport from the range before I collected so according to the registration docs it's now a 2.0tdi Stylance with a sport pack.
I bought it from Alexander Bridge cars in Sunderland and I thought I got a pretty good deal (but there's always someone who got a better one).
Anyway first impressions. Performance wise it seems great although I'm taking it easy running it in. I got the sunroof as it seemed a bit dark in the demonstrator and to give an airy feel in the summer. Dealers been spot on so far but I haven't had any probs yet. If anyone has had dealings with them I'd be glad to hear about it. The tyres are Pireli P7 (Ithought they come with Potenzas) but are really quiet.
One gripe though is the seat...not much of a gripe but more of an irritation of my right leg as I feel its lying on the rihght hand side bolster cushion.
any advice on running in etc will be welcomed (i've read the other threads though) before I get to start trying it out a bit more seriously
Soapy

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Where are you from? And which dealers?

Its a lovely car the 2.0 TDI, you'll love it.

Done be too gentle on the running in period though. Best give it a little bit of right foot action.

kevinjp

I have just picked up my 2.0 TDI Sport and found that it is a Stylance with a Sport Pack. Have you insured your vehicle as a Sport or a Stylance? my insurer now says they are not sure if they can insure me as they have no record of a Stylance 2.0 only a Stylance 1.9 :cry:

soapysoap

Hi, I'm in washington Tyne and Wear and I bought the car from alexander Bridge cars in Sunderland.
I've had a bit of hassle with my insurance too, when the cover note arrived they had it down as an FR. the insurance should now be for a Stylance with Tesco but I still haven't got the new cover note yet. I made it clear to the call centre (overseas) what the car was and ensured calls are recorded in case the worst happens, They also wouldn't refund my extra £26 that I had to pay for the FR cover, and I couldn't be bothered to take it further as communication with the guy on the phone was very difficult, I'll just move my policy when it comes to renewall.
Soapy

265bhp

soapysoap said:
Hi, I'm in washington Tyne and Wear and I bought the car from alexander Bridge cars in Sunderland.
I've had a bit of hassle with my insurance too, when the cover note arrived they had it down as an FR. the insurance should now be for a Stylance with Tesco but I still haven't got the new cover note yet. I made it clear to the call centre (overseas) what the car was and ensured calls are recorded in case the worst happens, They also wouldn't refund my extra £26 that I had to pay for the FR cover, and I couldn't be bothered to take it further as communication with the guy on the phone was very difficult, I'll just move my policy when it comes to renewall.
Soapy

Hello Soapysoap,

I got my new 2.0tdi leon from the same dealer in black with the boby kit on and I also live in washington check my car out

www.tagworld.com/steve112

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
Seating position

I posted a previous thread about my Mk 1 Cupra because the seat feels slanted... my left bum cheek doesn't feel like its making contact with the seat so I end up sitting next to the left bolster cushion to feel "equal"

It was one thing I was aware was better when I test drove my 2.0 TFSI
10th July - Pink Floyd DVD & new car :clap: Result!

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
soapysoap said:
Hi,
I'm new to the forum (second post) but I thought I'd get involved cos I'm pretty excited about my new car.
picked it up last night after an 8 week wait. I ordered a 2.0 TDI sport in Luna grey with sunroof,heated seats, mp3 and a couple of extra airbags in the rear. Unfortunatley Seat deleted the sport from the range before I collected so according to the registration docs it's now a 2.0tdi Stylance with a sport pack.
I bought it from Alexander Bridge cars in Sunderland and I thought I got a pretty good deal (but there's always someone who got a better one).
Anyway first impressions. Performance wise it seems great although I'm taking it easy running it in. I got the sunroof as it seemed a bit dark in the demonstrator and to give an airy feel in the summer. Dealers been spot on so far but I haven't had any probs yet. If anyone has had dealings with them I'd be glad to hear about it. The tyres are Pireli P7 (Ithought they come with Potenzas) but are really quiet.
One gripe though is the seat...not much of a gripe but more of an irritation of my right leg as I feel its lying on the rihght hand side bolster cushion.
any advice on running in etc will be welcomed (i've read the other threads though) before I get to start trying it out a bit more seriously
Soapy

does the sunroof reduce the head space in the car ?

Ghost

Nov 28, 2005
Hampshire
The sunroof drops the roof lining by a little over an inch. I am quite tall and often have a problems in cars with sunroofs as my head touches the roof. Luckily the Leon is tall enough (with the seat on it's lowest setting) for this not to be a problem :)

postie

You will LOVE it!

Well done soapysoap, they are top cars, and as said previously, don't baby the engine "if the oil is warm, give it some welly".
Had ous nearly 2 weeks now and covered 1,800 miles (work miles) can't fault the car. It has stsrted doing more to the gallon now also.
Have fun!

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Ghost said:
The sunroof drops the roof lining by a little over an inch. I am quite tall and often have a problems in cars with sunroofs as my head touches the roof. Luckily the Leon is tall enough (with the seat on it's lowest setting) for this not to be a problem :)

so you reckon a 6ft 4 person could fit in it with the sunroof ?

soapysoap

I'm 6'2" and I have no probs whatsoever. I have got the seat on the lowest setting however but that due to it feeling as though I was looking at the sun Visor instead of through the windscreen. Had the sunroof open today and it's pretty 2boomy" untill you put the windows down.
265bhp the car looks great where did you buy it from. Did having the bodykit add any extra to the insurance.?
Soapy

265bhp

soapysoap said:
I'm 6'2" and I have no probs whatsoever. I have got the seat on the lowest setting however but that due to it feeling as though I was looking at the sun Visor instead of through the windscreen. Had the sunroof open today and it's pretty 2boomy" untill you put the windows down.
265bhp the car looks great where did you buy it from. Did having the bodykit add any extra to the insurance.?
Soapy

Hello,

Got the car form Alexandra Bridge Cars in Sunderland the kit cost £2,500 extra put the insurance up to £1000 but my wife has just passed her test so that would have added cost. The best thing is if I crash the car they will not replace the body kit because it's an extra and not std and if I did not tell them about the kit they said they would not pay out

Steve:think:

Last edited by a moderator:

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Aye,

Have had my last 3 seats from ABC, sunderland (my brothers also had 2 and my old man's had 3) all from the same guy - paul fowler. I find the showroom service to be excellent but the service dept can be a bit thick sometimes.

I wouldnt go to any other seat dealer now - after having so many dealings with the same one, I tend to get a good deal and lots of perks (eg discount on accessories, free fitting, free btcc tickets etc etc)

Best thing to do running a diesel running it in is as soon as the oil is up to temp, give it some welly.....

Diesels like the harsh treatment and they will loosen up faster sooner giving the higher mpg's and performance sooner. :)

guss

Hi all,
Interesting points made on insurance better check if the new leon 2.0 tdi sport model is now classed as a stylance with sport pack as this seems to be the case on seat uk web site. Will find out off Allbrandsnew if its on the reg doc as a sport or stylance. Its getting so confusing all these changes and options . I get my new seat leon 2.0 tdi on tuesday better remember to tell insurance about full styling kit too. Dont want any probs with insurance cos any excuse they can use not to pay out they will find it. Great web site for helpful info .
Cheers Guss and Helen

porlus

I just got my 2.0 TFSI Sport insured a couple of days ago with Adrian Flux. Documents came in the post today and they all say what my car is. Changed insurance from CIS as they dont insure modified cars (I too got the full aero kit). So went to Adrian Flux website a couple of weeks ago and got a very good provisional quote. So called them up to settle the deal and the woman said the original price was for a non modded car. Turns out the body kit etc added another 100 quid onto my premium :cry: LOL.

soapysoap

I just recieved the reg docs and my car is registered as a 2.0 TDi Stylance. Still waiting for my cover note
Soapy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.