picture of what the Cupra should have looked like

barnabus

it looks chav-tastic, misses the whole point of Cupra. I agree with ZBoyd.

and as for 260bhp next year or an 'R'? Not a chance, wouldnt make sense, cant get more than 240bhp through FWD and UK wont get 4WD coz Dealers are kitted out for it

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
barnabus said:

and as for 260bhp next year or an 'R'? Not a chance, wouldnt make sense, cant get more than 240bhp through FWD and UK wont get 4WD coz Dealers are kitted out for it
if you can't have more than 240 bhp on the front axel, then why is REVO so successfull?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
barnabus said:

new mazda 3 MPS - 256bhp
alfa 147GTA - 250bhp
focus RS - 250bhp
couple of saab's pushing 250bhp+ too (viggen?)

so you can get more than 240bhp...

SixDegrees

Wrighty said:
new mazda 3 MPS - 256bhp
alfa 147GTA - 250bhp
focus RS - 250bhp
couple of saab's pushing 250bhp+ too (viggen?)

so you can get more than 240bhp...

The Mazda is 4WD.

The 147 is a torque steer, understeer, mad-mans car

Focus RS - need I say more!!

Viggen - same as RS and 147.

Even the Cupra is going to suffer come the wet or slippery surfaces with 240 going thru the front wheels.

The 2.0t FSI is good for 300 bhp, so REVO is popular cause it can be done. Also, if you're a very good driver who knows how to drive properly then you could probably handle 270+ thru the fronts, me on the other hand, no matter how much I think I can drive know that more than 200 hp thru the fronts will cause me to slip up once in a while and 240 will need to be given the utmost respect.

I've driven cars with 250+ HP and 4WD and it is the way it should be done.

Not saying the Cupra and 240hp is a mistake, its not, we just need to understand that you are above what is considered reasonable to put thru the wheels that do the steering!

:)

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
From what I've seen 250bhp is about the limit that production cars leave the factory with when they are FWD. Think honda did a study not so long ago and concluded about 250bhp is max 'sensible' amount for fwd.

Not saying it's not possible to run more, modding it, revo etc, just they don't leave the factory that way.

I personally feel somewhere between 250-300bhp is where you want to start thinking about RWD or 4WD to be able to effectively use that sort of power.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Not my cup of tea, you would get every chavved up Nova racing you at the lights...

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
SixDegrees said:
The Mazda is 4WD.

:)

The Mazda3 MPS boasts a 2.3-litre turbocharged engine that produces 250bhp with a maximum torque of 380 Nm at just 3,000 rpm. Power is put through a 6-speed manual transmission. Specially tuned suspension, large 4-wheel disc brakes and beefier stabilizer bars help transmit the power to the road. Mazda claims this is one of the most powerful front-wheel drive sports compacts available, reaching 100kph in just over six seconds.

;)

its the 6 that has 4WD.

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
That's pretty good looking .Possibly a little toned down on the body kit and raise the ride height slightly for a production car, but not a bad at all.

Last edited:

barnabus

siwel said:
From what I've seen 250bhp is about the limit that production cars leave the factory with when they are FWD. Think honda did a study not so long ago and concluded about 250bhp is max 'sensible' amount for fwd.

Not saying it's not possible to run more, modding it, revo etc, just they don't leave the factory that way.

I personally feel somewhere between 250-300bhp is where you want to start thinking about RWD or 4WD to be able to effectively use that sort of power.

exactly, you need to be able to enjoy the car, if you want to see how quick you get through the Mcdonalds drive thru vs. your mates chavved up Nova then by all means boost it up above 250ps, otherwise, stick to what it was designed for

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
barnabus said:
exactly, you need to be able to enjoy the car, if you want to see how quick you get through the Mcdonalds drive thru vs. your mates chavved up Nova then by all means boost it up above 250ps, otherwise, stick to what it was designed for
lol excellent:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.