Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Pictures-Porting a standard k03 mani

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Damoegan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. chaazza

Im very intrested in this after christmas are they good gains to see from a ko3s with revo 2 mapping.
    Also what is the price all in inc VAT thanks

2. Robbie C

Cool - I may send mine over to you then Bill when everything is apart if you're happy to do the work? (looking like an engine out job now to sort a few things all at once)

I've still got ABS yes, why?

Now is the time to holla if I should be considering removing items while the car is off the road :) tbh it's never given me anything but unpredictable sketchiness and must weigh a fair amount

3. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

I mention ABS as to support the air this hybrid is goign to want, a 3inch full bore TIP will be needed to helkp get the best out of it.. and space, aside from the coolant pipe which is in the way, and gear shift cables, which are also in the way, is ABS pump also is very close.. fiddly. Going to take some :think: to figure out how to keep the turbo fed with a decent air supply.

Happy to port your mani yes. no probs.

4. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I dont know for a k03s on stage 2.. Only ones I have ported and used myself have been on the k03/4 hybrids, and on these, the airflow's duty cycles to achieve those airflows were all the same as I have seen on the "hi-flow" manifolds sold.
    you retain factory fitment with these being ported std ones of course, and factory reliability, which seems to be far better than some hi flow ones out there.
    I would'nt expect much of a difference on a k03s, but I have'nt done before/after logs or dyno on a k03s with one to confirm either.

Price wise its an hour and a halfs work @ £45/hour+vat, presuming the supplied manifold is in good order.
    regards
    bill

5. Robbie C

Cool. Dale isn't going to thank me for this is he? ;)

As you say, some fun and games ahead of me I think. Now I see the advantage of top mount turbos...

6. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

lol - Dales going to luv it.. :p

7. Prebs

Prebs Full Member

I´m currently awaiting my new K04/06 to arrive from CR:D hopefully before xmas!

I have a plan on making your 3" TIP fit by using a 3" cobra hose on the inlet. Will let you know as soon as I´ve tried.

8. Robbie C

I spoke to Mark today Prebs who told me yours is on it's way out to you :)

9. Prebs

Prebs Full Member

:D only downside is that I´m going offshore to work on monday. Hopefully it will turn up before I leave. Really excited to see how it looks with the elbow welded to it and how much work it will be to get it fitted with OE charge pipe.

Back on topic!

10. chaazza

Have you done any of these for a ko3s setup ibiza yet what were the gains
    Are there good gains on the hybris with this?

11. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I have done several, but I have'nt seen the cars, only the manifolds.. The ones I have seen here have been run on hybrids, where they perform exactly the same as the bigger "hi-flow" manifolds.

Its not "wow" gains, its easier flow, reduced bottle neck and lower egts.

regards
    bill

12. cupragirl

cupragirl Active Member

Hi, how much to do this to a ko3s along with a crack repair if its salvageable?
    I'm down the road in drizzly Brizzle so can deliver and collect.

13. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

hmmm crack repair... :no: I can have a go but I doubt it will stop it reappearing. Repair attempt is dependant on where it is.. no guarantee's tho..

porting is £81inc vat plus return postage if applicable

14. cupragirl

cupragirl Active Member

Damn.:cry:. Don.t suppose you got one gathering dust on the back shelf have you?:roflmao:

15. shills

shills Guest

Are you still porting the standard manifolds as my ina is cracked and is only fit for the bin

16. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

yes.. still do this.
    BUT..... check what you supply.

I have been burned by a German customer who sent me his mani to do, then after porting and shot blasting it, its cracks became evident... He then stopped responding to me.. so I have spent my timing porting his manifold, finding its cracked and he clearly does'nt want it anymore.. :w4nk:

I will only do this on the basis its paid for in advance and if its cracked its cracked and the owners responsibility

#56 ibizacupra, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  17. shills

shills Guest

Ok , I give it afew cleans in the steam wash at work first then(and check)then send over a pm when I ve posted it ,cheers