Pins that hold up rear parcel shelf

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
Just for your amusement.

I bought 2 of the plastic pins that the rear parcel shelf cords clip onto from my local Seat Dealer.

They cost 58 pence for the pair!!! Easy to fit ... even for a technical idiot like me.

The things I do .... :D

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
does anyone get a problem with the pins not being able to hold the 6x9's up??

My parcel shelf falls back down to earth with a massive bang after about the 4th attempt of opening the boot........i dont use the shelf strings anymore as it does my head in!!

Its not as if my 6x9's are stupidly heavy really.......infinity jobbies.

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
I wish I hadn't started this thread now but ..... [at the risk of sounding a nerd]

The rivets (as they are desribed on the packaging) have a pin running through the centre. You put the rivet in, and tap in the pin. The pin then spreads the "claws" of the rivet behind the body panel!! Clever eh?

Thing is they don't look as if they spread too much, so this might be the problem with yer shelf and speakers ....

tie a few helium balloons onto the shelf instead.

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
lol.......

my strings attach and clip in perfectly, it would seem that the whole shelf if too heavy for the pin/rivet things now....i dont think there would be much i can do about it and im sure alot of people are experiencing the same problem????

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
gavthelad, are your speakers mounted onto the card shelf? i've got an mdf one and the 'rivets' just arent long enough for the job. not used them for years and keep planning on sorting it out...