Pioneer X1 Sat Nav in an Altea?

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Is there a way to have a Pioneer AVIC-X1 unit installed in an Altea?

I currently have the unit in an '03 Leon Cupra R and would ideally like to transfer it to an Altea if possible to save having to find a portable unit.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
im thinking of putting a double din unit in my Altea myself so i went to my local dealer to have a look at one with satnav and it just the same as a double din unit so i ordered the trim piece for the satnav vehicle for £7.00 and im just gona swap them over so i can put what ever radio in that i want!

even if you only put a single dinn unit in you can put a pocket below the radio so it still looks factory.

hope this helps

Newbi

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
the trim piece i got from my local seat dealer but their is a web site who does them but only for LHD cars at the Mo.

im picking mine up tomorrow i will post a picture of it when i get back!

cheers

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
how do you find the head unit? i have the x1r and i think its amazin, cant see much problem with putting it into an altea?!

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
basicly if you go to the seat web site and look at the altea with satnav and then the one with out satnav you will see the one with out has its buttons located all over the facia but the satnav one looks just like an ordinary radio!

well if you order the plastic surround that goes round the satnav model that will give you a double din slot to put an after market radio in.

i hope this helps but i cant seem to be able to copy pictures from the seat web site

hopefully i will be able to post a few pictures of mine when i get it up and running

cheers
N

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
As far as I know the difference between the X1 and the X1-R is the version of the software and the map DVD.

When I got the latest map DVD, the software auto updated on boot so I basically have a X1-R in all but the label on the actual unit.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
iv checked your x1r our on the web and its a single dinn unit which you can just add a storage pocket underneath.

it will look great whatever head unit you put in it!

N

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I've spoken to my local dealer who doesn't know of such a part.:confused:

I have spoken to Blue Spot Car Audio who gave me the number for Auto Leads, who tell me the only fascia adapter they know of is for left hand drive cars only and i need to find a company who will custom make a fascia for me!:doh:

Can someone who has a fascia adapter for an Altea please let me know where from, how much, part number and contact details.

Many, many thanks.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Ok the replacement trim you need from seat is part No:5p 2 858 071 B 47V also try B31 31 24 05 1 D
it costs £5.93

Make sure you know what colour dash trim you have as there is four diferant types for the Altea! ( you seat dealer should help you with this) .

And you will need a small piece of inner trim so a double din unit can be installed because the trim piece from seat is for the satnav model which is slightly bigger than a bouble din unit. it costs £14.99 which is funny cos its half the size of the seat one!

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/2089.html

any problems post it up and i will see what i can do.:)

cheers

N

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Many thanks for the info newbi.

I have ordered the double DIN adapter and the fascia trim.

Just need to wait for the car to be delivered on Saturday now......

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Thanks for all the help so far. My AVIC is due to be installed on Thursday. Can someone confirm that the fascia trim I am waiting for from the SEAT dealer can be installed after the AVIC is installed? I assume it just clips over the top of the DIN adapter?

Thanks.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
hello mate.

i had mine installed last friday if youv got the satnav trim from seat i found out a trim insert from VW will fit the gap for a double din!

anyway my adapter arived and it is a complete facia atatchment for a double din unit so the seat one was not needed but it will look better than the other two put together!

i will post some pictures either tomorrow or thursday.

N

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I've had a call from the shop fitting my AVIC into the double DIN adapter I got from thebassbin.co.uk (as seen in this thread), anyway he says the part is for a LHD car and it doesn't fit properly. He's having to cut the bottom of the part so it fits in (and he can continue fitting the AVIC), obviously it isn't going to look to good for the time being though. Is the part from Seat (No:5p 2 858 071 B 47V ) that I've ordered but not received yet going to sort me out? I haven't seen exactly what i've ordered yet which is why I'm concerned.

Newbi, any joy with those pictures yet?

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
ok hear is the fasia adapter from the Bassbin! which you will find its not an insert but a whole replacement panel which is very neat looking! i will be changing mine over when ever i can.

DCP_0086_1.jpg

and this is the satnav adapter from seat with a VW double din insert (note VW insert is the black surround around the headunit) the seat one is same colour as original dash.

DCP_0083_1.jpg

and hear is the adapter shown in the way you will be using it!

DCP_0088.jpg

DCP_0090.jpg

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Okay. I now have my Pioneer AVIC-X1 installed in my new Altea. I had to get the car audio fitters to use the part I brought from thebassbin.com although they had to trim away at the bottom right of it as it was the infamous LHD version of the fascia trim.

Anyway, everything is in and working well. I am now just waiting for the Seat sat nav fascia trim (part 5p 2 858 071 B 47V) to arrive, once fitted it'll look like a standard trim and it'll be job done.

I will try and post some pics of the unit after installation, along with the Alpine front mounted DVD player and roof mounted screen.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
great!

looking forward to seeing the picture's!

Oh and what else has your system got? Amp's/ Sub's Etc.

N

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members