Pioneer X1 Sat Nav in an Altea?

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Nice Alloy's did you buy them with your car!

and i would change that trim soon as i you can, i didnt think the stereo dealer would do a job like that and use your LHD trim to fit it! and then let you leave looking like that! have you got SatNav? im having trouble finding one thats affordable for my Kenwood head unit.

anyway it should be ok when the right trim arrives.

Oh and i like the rear screen i should be getting mine fitted next week.

cheers

N

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
newbi said:
have you got SatNav?

The sat nav is the top unit of the two in the picture. It's a single DIN unit with a motorised flip out screen.
The unit underneath is just a DVD/MP3 player that connects to the screen in the roof.

akg

Aug 2, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I can provide a definitive answer to the Altea fascia debate. My car is now fitted with a RHD fascia trim to house my Pioneer AVIC-X1 and an Alpine DVD player.

You need to order the following part from Seat/VW, it costs £7.13 inc V.A.T

5P2858063A 47V

I ordered mine from Nottingham Volkswagen (0115 981 3813) as the Seat garages I called didn't seem to know what I was after.

This fascia will enable you to install aftermarket single DIN head units.
If you only have one unit to install there is a 'pocket' that can be installed into one of the bays. I don't have the part number for this but I do have a .pdf document that the VW garage sent me detailing all the Altea parts, one of which is the pocket.
The part(s) you need are 12 and 13. I had also ordered part 14 but this is for a double DIN sat nav model and isn't what you need.

I will post the .pdf on my web site and update the pictures to show the finished installation. The current sat nav pics are using a modified LHD fascia (note the gap at the bottom left).

I thought I'd post this up as my sat nav installation is now finished with all the correct parts.

For anyone looking for a RHD fascia on ebay, forget it, they are LHD, I've already asked. I couldn't find anywhere that had a RHD part except VW. Dashmount don't sell them, I asked where they got theres from in the picture on their web site and they told me it was a LHD car mirrored in photoshop!

Hope this helps others.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
As an aside to this particular thread (aka hijack), can anyone tell me whether the connectors on the back of the standard stereo are just the standard DIN type plug in jobbies? Is the wiring easy peasy? (im worried about canbus)

I've volunteered to fit my brothers DAB in his Altea:doh: and could do with a little hint or two.

Tell

Staff member
If we are talking about the headend then no the connectors got a name the same as the Golf Mk V, Toureg.... thinks what is it called and then you can google. You can find the pin out on the net and their are boxes to give you the aux input if yours hasn't got it and you push the CD changer button to fake it. That's a connect2 box as I recall.

If you study all my conversations on here you will come across it... about a month ago or so someone gave the part number away to the box that you can install to get aux in. Afraid my memory on names of stuff isn't good.

Right well this is the box to connect Sony equipment to the headend

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63078&goto=nextnewest

Think this will give you aux in:

http://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx?catID=4&manID=235&modID=781

The RCD number you pick to match the Golf V and then that's the Altea connection.... enjoy. I'd do a bit more research on what I say on this site since I did name the RCD at one stage when I got my MD connected and there is a box available that give you the aux input as I said which someone mentioned one to two months ago here with the part number. The pin out on the headend of Altea and new VW are fairly unique and that's what gave me the problems 18 months ago to get a MD changer installed but boxes that fake and translate the stuff are now available.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise