Plastic Strips between Windows and Doors

Murphy-Man

Nov 29, 2018
Hi Guys

Took my car for a cash wash today and when I got home I saw that the plastic strip between the windows and door on the back door has 3 small chewed up parts on the plastic stripping obviously from pressure washer. I did think when I was cleaning it myself other week the strips looked very poor quality. Do you think this could be possibly replaced at some point if taken to Seat? Or are they destroyed for life?

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Can you put same pictures to see it?
I personally always wash my cars in the self service using water pressure and brush.

Last edited:

Murphy-Man

Nov 29, 2018
There are the photos of the plastic strips and the problems that have appeared. They are from the drivers side of the car it's a 5 door and go from the drivers window back towards the back of the passenger side window.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_110708.jpg
    IMG_20190210_110708.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20190210_110714.jpg
    IMG_20190210_110714.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20190210_110720.jpg
    IMG_20190210_110720.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 135

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I had never seen it. It looks like a protective film that is removed after the piece is assembled.
The seller has to be held responsible for this defect.

Murphy-Man

Nov 29, 2018
The Car is not much older than 6 months old now. I have still got the warranty with Seat. I just thought that more than a defect, it may just be unfortunate the cleaner has got too close with the pressure washer and chewed the plastic. I can't remember my last Leon cupra looking that cheap along the seals though.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Hmmm looks like something has scrapped it however if it was the car wash then why hasn't it damaged the paint or anything else?

Murphy-Man

Nov 29, 2018
The paint must be alot more sturdy than the seals. It would of only been the pressure washer that would of done it. The pressure from the water has obviously chewed up the seals. I was just wondering whether anybody knew if they could be replaced a tall.

Kc512

Oct 6, 2018
The paint must be alot more sturdy than the seals. It would of only been the pressure washer that would of done it. The pressure from the water has obviously chewed up the seals. I was just wondering whether anybody knew if they could be replaced a tall.

Are you saying you think a jet of water caused this damage or the roller things ? By all means correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t see a jet of water causing this kind of damage unless it’s seriously high pressured or literally put right up against it ?

Murphy-Man

Nov 29, 2018
Yeah I'm not saying that kind of damage was done at a distant. Unfortunately the pressure washer must of been put far too close to the seal.

Kc512

Oct 6, 2018
Yeah I'm not saying that kind of damage was done at a distant. Unfortunately the pressure washer must of been put far too close to the seal.

Gutted for you pal. I’m sure these can be replaced obviously there’s going to be a cost involved but I wouldn’t imagine it’s a massive job.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

I can’t see a pressure washer doing that damage. To me it looks like chemical attack of the plastic.

If the car is within warranty I’d be going back to the dealers and ask them to investigate it and replace.

Reactions: williamxb and mopsi
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise