Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi all, it's been a long time coming but thought I would put up a few details of my pride & joy.
I didn't want anything too outlandish and wanted to keep the stock looks as far as I could, hope you all like and as usual if you have any comments just post away:

2005 55reg Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI, bought new
386719fa.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Only stayed standard for a few months and then I started to tweak a little (thanks to a certain Pabs !!!!!!!!!)

Fabia wiper
IMG_0189.jpg

Philips Bluevision bulbs
BlueVision.jpg

Cupra r splitter
Frontsplitter.jpg

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Next up was a Green Panel Filter
GreenFilter.jpg

A few months later I took the plunge and a visit down to Star Performance for a remap. At standard she was sitting at 157bhp which was encouraging but after an hour she came back with 193 usable horse :D

With the increased power I decided to upgrade the front brakes. After looking at different options I decided on the Porsche Boxster calipers and 312mm discs/Ferrodo DS2500 pads
Old set-up
IMG_0190.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

New set-up
DSC00351.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
The ride height was next on my list so a phone call and another visit to Star Performance saw her lowered on Eibach Sportline springs
DSC003581.jpg

What a difference :D
A couple of weeks later I fitted a lower front strut brace, bought from local Audi dealer
Then a new set of rubber, Falken 452
IMG_0510.jpg

To settle the rear end I opted for a Whiteline rear ARB
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Was well pleased with the result :D

Next up was something I always wanted, cruise control. So got the local Skoda dealer to retro fit for a decent price
DSC01600.jpg

Bought a set of HIDs 6000K with the H7R bulbs
photo.jpg

Complimented with new LED sidelights
IMG_0539.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Decided to freshen up the interior with some LED lights, also done the rear number plate lights as well
LEDlights.jpg

Next on list was getting the wheels refurbed, couldn't decide on what colour but after a visit to a local place, I decided to go with Black Chrome
IMG_0540.jpg

Had to get the centre cover done in gloss black as the guy couldn't guarantee the same finish on the plastic as on the alloys, I think it looked good and I also had an idea for the centres
IMG_0544.jpg

and with new decal
IMG_0552.jpg

Last edited:

mikey-P

looks nice, like the way its near standard looking, saw a FR tdi same colour as yours today with orange wheels totally ruined it.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
After an advisory at the last MOT regarding a broken exhaust mount, I decided it was time for a stainless exhaust. I opted for the Milteck cat-back non resonated
IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

The back box is near standard but it fills the gap much better (80mm diam. Instead of 76mm)

Tried to remove my dog bone mount but ended up shearing a bolt :cry: So bought a new complete mount and replaced the rubber with new Powerflex bush - diesel version
IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Oh and bought a set of alloy pedal covers
Old pedals
IMG_0188.jpg

New pedals
Pedals01.jpg

Am well pleased with the car as it is and just keep her clean and fresh with regular cleaning. I bought a Das6 polisher and Meguires polish & wax, clay bar and lots of microfibre towels, so like to spend a few hours of me time keeping her looking good.
Not much else apart from another set of EBC Ultimax discs/DS2500 pads for front and a set of Brembo discs/pads for the rear.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Been waiting for this day! Or yesterday actually! I am a fan of the oem look also. Are the brakes off a Porsches rear? The pad doesn't seem to cover the whole disc that's all, how are they braking wise? Also please tell me you didn't throw the old rubber away from the dogbone mount? I hate mine now just want a new standard one back ;) what's the ride like now as this month ill be fitting springs myself and want the eibach ones I think. Sump rarb and springs this month! Keep us updated and keep spending money lol.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi Josh, yeah the calipers from Boxster rear and yeah I know the pad doesn't have full coverage but the braking is far better than the standard :) and why SEAT didn't fit the 312mm set up to the diesels is beyond me :confused::shrug:
The Eibach springs are a cracking bit of kit and make the car sit perfectly, took a bit of getting used to plus its fun watching the garages gingerly drive it onto their ramps - coupled with the front splitter it sits quite low :lol:
The front & rear lower ARBs are well worth it and a very easy mod

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Also please tell me you didn't throw the old rubber away from the dogbone mount? I hate mine now just want a new standard one back ;).

Nah didn't throw it away, just sold it on ebay - because I bought a brand new mount assembly, I replaced the new bush with the Powerflex then I cleaned up my old mount, fitted the new OEM rubber and sold it on ;)

Last edited:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Hi Josh, yeah the calipers from Boxster rear and yeah I know the pad doesn't have full coverage but the braking is far better than the standard :) and why SEAT didn't fit the 312mm set up to the diesels is beyond me :confused::shrug:
The Eibach springs are a cracking bit of kit and make the car sit perfectly, took a bit of getting used to plus its fun watching the garages gingerly drive it onto their ramps - coupled with the front splitter it sits quite low :lol:
The front & rear lower ARBs are well worth it and a very easy mod

I know they should have! Mines 312 now, yeah got my eyes on a whiteline rarb this month, do you know if they sell just the rubber or if you have to buy the whole thing?

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Looks great Bruce, subtle mods yet worth the work :)

How much clearance is there caliper > spoke behind the FR 17s for the Porsche calipers?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Looks great Bruce, subtle mods yet worth the work :)

How much clearance is there caliper > spoke behind the FR 17s for the Porsche calipers?

Hi mate, I had to buy 10mm spacers to get the alloys back on and there WAS about 3mm clearance until I got the alloys refurbed :cry:, found the calipers just rubbing the spokes - so bought 15mm spacers for the front and put the 10mm spacers on the back (Forge spacers)
DSC00350.jpg

DSC003571.jpg

DSC003561.jpg

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
A couple of pics showing the LED interior lights, taken in daylight so not the best but a world of difference
All bought from ebay
LEDlights.jpg

Map light
image_zps1a398ecd.jpg

Door puddle lights
image_zpsba7b0f5c.jpg

Boot light
image_zps3ad4353c.jpg

My sidelights - 9 SMD LEDs
IMG_0695.jpg

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Upgraded the poor operating standard key to a better flip key
Original key
image_zps4e805399.jpg

3 button Flip key
image_zpsac1396e0.jpg

Decided to change to the better flip key after 4th battery change and not much help from SEAT dealer :( It was easy to configure, I just removed the glass transponder from my original key and fitted it into the flip key, got the blade cut at Timpsons then used the write up in the owners manual to complete the set-up.
I could have went for the 2 button flip key but there were more of the 3 button keys on ebay at the time. What a difference not only in operating range but also in battery life :D

inclusive_yaz

Yaz's MK1 FR TDi
Jan 29, 2012
Peterborough
Found the printout of Remap but as my scanner isn't set-up I had to take 3 pictures of the sheet :shrug:
Anyway top, middle & bottom
image_zpsb26081fc.jpg

image_zpsaa8ca8c1.jpg

image_zpsf93b53d1.jpg

Looks smashing mate, how you finding the map? Any problems with the clutch? A cheaper alternative regarding the brakes would be uprating to normal 288mm brembo max discs and brembo pads. Got them on mine and a big difference. Can't be asked to uprate to 312mm, costs too much. Well Im a student afterall lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members