Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Next up was how to secure the new surround :confused: I thought about hot glue but then a mate mentioned plumbing glue (I've used it before on plastic plumbing and it goes off very quick and is solid:
image_zps2ej2ne5o.jpg

Sanded the edges of the switch surround and the dash then stuck together:
image_zps6vintyza.jpeg

Next was a couple of nights trying to figure out how to splice in the new style dimmer/headlight adjuster wiring with my original wiring, still not got definite answer to this………but working on it

Went ahead and stuck the new connector box and my dimmer/headlight switch on top of ECU with double sided tape - sorry no pics.

Once I was happy that the dash/switch had set, I went about refitting it all:
image_zpspkr163jw.jpeg

image_zps3vcuw299.jpeg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
So today was quite productive, using a Fluke meter to trace the wiring on my dimmer/leveller switch so I can use the mk5 Golf switch for my auto light upgrade :D
image_zpsi62rxihr.jpeg

Spent the next couple of hours checking the Golf mk5 wiring and managed to make some sense out of the 8 wires
image_zps3nmmqcfu.jpeg

So tomorrow I'm gonna see if everything works as it should

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Fitted rear caliper assist springs in under 5 mins.............one sore thumb into the bargain!!!!
image_zps69682c7f.jpg

and fitted....
image_zps186c35ad.jpg

Is this the correct way mate? I've fitted mine the other way lol with the spring on the other side

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Crap your right mate lol I didn't get any pictures with mine lol I'm of down to change them now

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Awesome I was waiting patiently for you to post in regards of the wiring.
So is it all fully functioning now?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
:lol::ban::lol::lol::rofl:

Oh and don't need vcds as trial tried it the headlight levelling which worked and the auto headlights are working already ;)

Good to hear mate, yeh can't believe I put them in backwards, easy mistake lol

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Thai, it should be in next couple of days as I need to make up a wee wiring loom to go between the 2 sets of connections.

John, if it makes you feel better I had mine on back-to-front for a couple of months until I saw a few posts with pics attached :blink:[B)]

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ok, why the need for a loom? I assume you've got the plugs cut from a mk5...can't the Leon ones just be cut off and rejoined to the mk5 ones accordingly?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Ok, why the need for a loom? I assume you've got the plugs cut from a mk5...can't the Leon ones just be cut off and rejoined to the mk5 ones accordingly?

They can but there's not enough slack on my loom to reach the switch prior to fitting the lower dash. Unlike the Leon switch that pulls out of the lower dash!!

Mastermind

Jun 10, 2016
holland
WOW !

awesome job done on the car mate , loving all the minor detail upgrades

loved reading the thread and learned a bunch to ,thx for that

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Same hear mate. I just got a new windscreen yesterday because of stone chips now for the body. Also clutch as I'm getting the slight humming noise when driving

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.