Platinum Grey LCR - Project Showroom

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
Been on here for a few months but finally got my Leon Cupra R at the weekend. I bought it off a pal that's had it for the past 4 years. It's in good condition but needs a bit of TLC in areas.

It's probably been washed about twice in those 4 years aswell so a good clay and polish/wax will be one of my first things to do, the interior was filthy aswell (he used it when he went mountain biking so you can imagine what it would be like)

Anyway i'm looking to get this back to it's full glory over the next few months with the small bits that need a bit of attention and also replace any missing parts and get it mechanically perfect.

It's due a cambelt (on 46k and just over 5 years old) and i'll also be getting new discs and pads all round ordered this week aswell.

Theres nothing else major up with it but it's the small bits that stop it from being a really nice example. It's virtually standard apart from a cut down front plate, tinted windows and tinted sunstrip (which i usually don't like but works well for some reason), Skoda rear wiper and front and rear strut braces.

Main to do list atm:

Major clean inside and shampoo seats (water marks all over them)
Give the paintwork/body a bit of TLC (no dents or scratches just lost a bit of it's shine)
New splitter (missing)
Fit new discs and pads (CRN discs and DS2500 pads)
Cambelt/Aux belt/Waterpump (will book into Star Performance)
New badges all round (not into pink badges :p)
New number plates front and back
New wheel centre caps (missing)
Refurb Brembos (again not into pink ha)
Clean engine bay (filthy, prob not been cleaned since new !!)

It came with both a double and single DIN dash so i'll need to decide what i'm going to do headunit wise aswell.

After all that i will start thinking about some subtle mods like HID's and a Forge 007p DV.

Anyway i've babbled enough, heres a few (crap) pics courtesy of my iFail

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

and a quick pic of it with my other project (soon to be track prepped clio 172 cup)

IMG_1219.jpg

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
got it booked into Star Performance for this sat to get the cambelt etc.. done and waiting on a price for parts off David at Sere Motors for a few bits

just need to get the brakes ordered and i'll be on my way

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
nice, one of the best colors too imo...

although you need to tare off those horrible things off the headlights (not sure what you lot call them in English). They look absolutely pants...

Curious to see how you'll restore this in its glory

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
i'm 50/50 over the headlight eyebrows, hated them when i first seen them but their growing on me a bit, they will prob come off to see if i like it better without and more than likely stay off after anyway

it's got light smoked tinted windows on the front 2, medium/dark on the back 2 and dark on the back which i'm not a fan of aswell, might get the tints removed completely or just get light smoked all round

Last edited:

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
haha trust me mate i'd rather burn the car than let a bonet bra near it, i hate them with a passion !

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
Looks pretty clean mate, good choice of car ;)

cheers mate but you clearly didn't see the interior or engine bay when i got it :lol:

i wish i had taken some before pics, the interiors come up like new after a good clean though, the dirt must have been protecting it well !

i'll get a few before and after pics of the engine bay when i get a chance to clean it

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Got rid of the Clio then?

It looks like your exhaust bracket has snapped as well and the rear part of the exhaust is hanging down... Mine's the same but I'll be replacing the full system for a blueflame one in the near(ish) future :D

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
yeh 182 went about an hour before i picked this up :D

cheers i'll have a look at the weekend, quite fancy a blueflame myself but it will be further down the line, will wait for this one to gain more character (rust) and then replace it

you going for the full system inc downpipe and sports cat ? surprised these don't come with a 200/300 cell cat as standard ? even my 182 had a 200 cell out of the factory :bleh:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
The clios are highly strung though aren't they? Every little helps for them lol. When I get back from the 'ring in April I'll be getting the 3" downpipe, sports cat and 3" system along with a stage 2 map

Last edited:

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
haha yeh the characteristics between the Clio and the Leon end past the fact that they are both cars, soo different to drive, i'm still getting used to having to change my driving style for the Leon

i'll have to pop down sometime, will be interesting to see how they both compare (standard vs tweeked)

jealous of you going to the ring like, don't think i'll manage it this year, i'll be coming down to Engerland for a couple of trackdays this year in the 172 so we'll need to catch up mate

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.