Platinum Grey Leon Cupra R ** UPDATE PAGE 8! **

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Keeping internal stock for now, Geting an AUQ engine as there cheaper and pretty much the same, only putting some BAM Pistons in, i have 4 good ones. Going to get a solid motor then go for stage 1 mapping and intercooler. Its allready de-catted so it should be good when its done :) If i didnt have to replace the engine, then forged internals could have been done.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Finished stripping the old engine today and went abit mad with some red paint, i wanted to see what a red block would be like, also tried a red rocker cover which i think il be doing properly once i get time :)

SP_A0695.jpg

SP_A0696.jpg

SP_A0697.jpg

Red rocker?

SP_A0698.jpg

and went mad on the block aha

SP_A0699.jpg

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Looks like your making some good progress there lad.
What was the bottle jack doin with that drive shaft?
gonna keep an eye on this thread aswell
if u need any more help info or anything im always here to help.
shame about danny lads engine was hoping that would be been done and dusted to day.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
the bottle jack was just there for sotrage, after 9 hours ripping the engine out i just put it there lol. Cheers lad, im going to get an AUQ engine and put my BAM pistons in there, and then build it back up and throw it in. Going to start preping the bay tmorrow so i can paint it and get it looking nice :) Il keep updates coming.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
yea cool looks like your sorted with what your doin. good luck with everything.how does the turbo blades look nothing been in thru there ?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Turbo looks fine, was new 400 miles ago by the previous owner, spins nice and free, tiny bit of play in the shaft but its empty of oil, should be gone when its filled. Im a bit worried about inital start up and how to prime the turbo as ive never rebuild a turbo engine like this, just done the head etc. Any info on priming the turbo and engine would be good.

I read somwhere that you should crank it for 30 seconds, and read somwhere else to run it for about 3 mins on idle to build pressure, the vvt unit also needs oil and guess will be empty and dont want this top happen again or il shoot my self.

im going to get an oil can and pump oil down the feed line and leave the return off till it comes out, then it has oil in but is this right? also going to go crazy with the oil can under the rocker and get it nice and lubed.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
best way to prime the turbo is leave the oil return pipe off the bottom i know its not easiest to leave off then fit after. disconnect the injector wiring loom and then wind the car over letting the oil flow about, this will make its way up to the head aswell and fill the vvt side up also. let the oil run thru the turbo and when you can see there is enough oil coming thru the oil return you can reconnect return and the injectors and fire it up. then let it idle for a few mins. turn off and check oil, water levels then should be OK to run the water up and then road test

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
best way to prime the turbo is leave the oil return pipe off the bottom i know its not easiest to leave off then fit after. disconnect the injector wiring loom and then wind the car over letting the oil flow about, this will make its way up to the head aswell and fill the vvt side up also. let the oil run thru the turbo and when you can see there is enough oil coming thru the oil return you can reconnect return and the injectors and fire it up. then let it idle for a few mins. turn off and check oil, water levels then should be OK to run the water up and then road test

Take it you mean off the bottom of the turbo? because if it was off the sump 5L would be on the floor :cartman:

Im assembling all of it out the car and then trollying it in just connect the dp and hoses and plugs, oh and 3 mounts :). because im cleaning everyting i want to avoid oil everywhere so will have to have a bucket handy and a 2nd pair of hands. Once its cranked, just leave it to idle and get some temperature in it and hopefully thunderbirds are go :drool:

The shaft seals need doing too but not sure where to source them. Started cleaning the gearbox and went a bit OCD on it, it looks brand new! I was going to do a red block as it would look cool, but might just go satin black and a red rocker.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Im in crewe. but travel to awesome every day for work. been up danny's a few times now helping build his engine up.
we got a meet tomorrow in crewe few lads meeting up. have to come down to the next 1 we have

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
we meet at a pub in crewe we get a few cars down on a sunday afternoon.its a good little meet chat and a pint. talk about cars and probs the F1 2 morrow

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Well i set aabout cleaning up the engine bay and just giving it a bit of primer, dont need to go to town as its not exposed really, just need to put enough laquer on there.

SP_A0701.jpg

SP_A0705.jpg

SP_A0706.jpg

Heres how i mounted my HIDS, out of sight and nice and secure, and isolated.

SP_A0709.jpg

Any my car is a real mess :(

SP_A0707.jpg

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Nice update Shauny. :)

Shouldn't you put some seat protectors on. :confused:
You don't want to have to replace them aswell. ;)

Keep the pics coming.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.