Platinum Grey Leon Cupra R ** UPDATE PAGE 8! **

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
they will be ok, just have to be carefull when taking stuff out, bit of dust on and crud but i will shampoo them when its done, also the headlight wasnt lineing up with the wing so done that today aswell. Needs the bottom rad mounts changing as its nocking like hell :(

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
PISTONS CLEAN!!!!

Well before after getting back from taxing the damn thing, £118 and £25 due to the dvla because they never sent me the logbook, anyway i set about cleaning the secondary waterpump out to find... its shagged beyond repair, tested it on a battery nothing, cleaned it nothing.

So out came the cleaning gear and cleaned 2 of the BAM pistons..

SP_A0712.jpg

SP_A0713.jpg

SP_A0711.jpg

SP_A0715.jpg

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Haha, i did it once soaked in turps, let them dry off and then used a washing up sponge with scouring pad on the back, and Wd40 and elbow grease :) Cant wait to get started on the new engine :D

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Nope geting it and scraping the old one :), then stripping that, honing cylinders, puting in my BAM pistons and rods, with some new shell's, then new HG, inlet & exhaust gasket, and a clutch and puting it in :) then theres all the other stuff like a new oil cooler, few hoses, service items, timing belt, water pump, and just bits and bats :D

Im cosidering a black roof and wheels, hmmm...

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
So it's in better condition than your current one then?

You just want any excuse to do more cleaning!!! :D

I like the idea of the black roof and wheels. Would look even better with the rest of the body in white. :whistle:

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
LMAO. ssssh im not a cleaning whoare, honest ...

yeh its low milage, think the guy said 30k, so might no need rings at all, just carefully re-use the ones in that engine, shell bearings are in-expensive so worth putting new ones in. I dont think funds can strech to a respray so ive going for black wheels with red pinstripe, and black roof and mirrors me thinks, don think its been done yet ..

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Fair enough on the lack of funds for respray. Costly mod that.

Funny you should say about the black wheels with the red pinstrip. I was on a site yesterday playing with the idea of that. Looked quite cool I must say. I can't remember the site now. Bit it was an advert link from this site. You could upload a pic of your car and then add the wheels of your choice.

Here it is:
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
sounds cool man,

ideas for colour scheme is the wheels roof, mirrors, maybe light tints in the back, S badges black, and do the decal on the calipers black instead of white, :) red black and platinum grey, what a combo. Going to start a battery relocation too and run a bigger filter. Not sure on what colour to do the rocker yet, maybe red :p

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Dont want to go too black, i like my red brembos, goes well with the red stripe im going to doo :D

If we get better weather soon im gona do the roof, just needs a scotch down and base then laquer, easy job, shouldent even need wet and dry anywhere, looks to be in good nick. To get the best finish from a spray can the laquer im using is arroun 13 quid a tin :|, good stuff though used it on wheels before.

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Dont want to go too black, i like my red brembos, goes well with the red stripe im going to doo :D

Stranger things have happened. lol

I want to sort my calipers out. There a tad on the pink side. But need to wait for some good weather and a good amount of time to get it done. It won't be this side of Christmas anyway.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Stranger things have happened. lol

I want to sort my calipers out. There a tad on the pink side. But need to wait for some good weather and a good amount of time to get it done. It won't be this side of Christmas anyway.

Im going to paint all 4 calipers, but i can just take it to a mates unit and do it indoors :D, I need to rent my own small unit somwhere, can get some weekend jobs in then and make some cash, infact.. id live there LOL

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Lucky bugger! I don't know anyone with a unit. :p

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy another house with a nice big double garage. :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise