Platinum Grey Leon Cupra R ** UPDATE PAGE 8! **

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Love the mirrors mate. They look great! [B)]

Engine bay is looking nice. Even without the engine! :happy:

Im waiting for halfrauds to get there arse in gear and mix my paint, with no car i cant get to my local paint shop :( glad im not trying to blend it in and most wont be seen lol as the halfrauds colour match isnt the best.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Well went in and played hell with the halfrauds paint mixers and came out with S7u, its a bit off but wont matter too much anything is better than rust!! Hopefully have the weather to paint tmoz :D

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Dont get on with platic covers, broke them before when i was in a bodyshop, i find it easyer to take em off the car mask up and spray them but each to their own, a hour a mirror isnt bad, got the roof to do yet but il be borrowing me mates paint shop one night and gun finish it, too big for aersosols.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Dont get on with platic covers, broke them before when i was in a bodyshop, i find it easyer to take em off the car mask up and spray them but each to their own, a hour a mirror isnt bad, got the roof to do yet but il be borrowing me mates paint shop one night and gun finish it, too big for aersosols.

Black roof will look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :cartman: Its a mod I wouldn't mind doing one day....

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Sprayed what halfords call platinum grey before and its awful, so left it at least it will stop the rust! Also started to do the wiring, and did the spoiler :) Had a few problems with my paint spitting so wasted time and paint but got there then my jumper t ouched it so needs re-laquering which i will do on the car i think.

Flatted after a f**k up with the paint can-

SP_A0740.jpg

Hung up ready for paint, excuse the mess im a bit un tidy at times :(

SP_A0741.jpg

SP_A0742.jpg

Bad finish due to laquer which kinda pissed me off for the rest of the day as the base went on well and then last hurdle messed the whole job up.

SP_A0746.jpg

SP_A0747.jpg

Started the wiring, added battery cable and looks like i need a new fan control modual as this one is in half and corroded to hell :mad: Anyway i like wiring, it keeps my brain occupied and gives me a challenge.

SP_A0745.jpg

SP_A0743.jpg

SP_A0744.jpg

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Once the roof is painted im getting a stubby aeiral :) once the bay is ready then the engine is ready to go in, i want to prep the roof and paint it but its the biggest panel on the car and its not impossible, just a tricky one with aerosols, as they dont give a quality finish over a large area. Wiring is coming on just need the number off the fan control to get another.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
needs re-laquering, need to flat it off first and repaint the under neath, its scratched and chipped :mad: had a bad day today so fresh paint tomorrow and get it sorted, it kinda looks good now, but the roof done and wheels will be ****ographic :p im also going to try light tints in the back to blend my black theme in, got a guy who will tint for 50 as a favour :), all is going good, going to do the back S badge too when i re-do the spoiler. I also broke a headlight :mad: so thats another thing that needs sorting, may just plastic weld it till i can afford 2 new ones.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Once the roof is painted im getting a stubby aeiral :) once the bay is ready then the engine is ready to go in, i want to prep the roof and paint it but its the biggest panel on the car and its not impossible, just a tricky one with aerosols, as they dont give a quality finish over a large area. Wiring is coming on just need the number off the fan control to get another.

Could you not vinyl the roof so it is reversible?? Might give a smoother look on the larger panel??
Still not got those bay pics for you - tomoro!!

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Vinyl is pish, id rather paint :) started the roof today had some chips above the screen which i flatted out and primed. Also sorted out the spoiler which just needs laquering, it had a reaction in the laquer and looked cack. Needs a bit of stopper as one of the chips has a small dent .

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Nice job on the morrors Shaun, but why didn't you just take the covers off to paint them ( they just pop off)?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.