Platinum Grey Leon Cupra R ** UPDATE PAGE 8! **

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Nice job on the morrors Shaun, but why didn't you just take the covers off to paint them ( they just pop off)?

As said, i have a habbit of breaking anything made of plastic lol, im heavy handed, besides it was one t45 bolt to get em off so doesnt really bother me :D Wish you could take the roof skin off easy enough :cartman::cartman:

very intresting thread, keep up the good work :D

Cheers matey!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
That's a real shame. I started from the first post and worked my way through and couldn't believe the task that you took on, or the level that you went to. I couldn't do that in my wildest dreams, money or not. Kudos indeed my friend :D

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Well over 500 hours gone into the car alone here n there, the key is perciverance matey, if smthign doesnt come first time keep at it. I had my old bike stripped 2 and was rebuilding it till it was stolen and burnt out, Before that i had a moped which was a cat C write off, bought or 350 and sold for 500. Rebuild engine, did bodywork, full brake system off a later model, head stock bearing etc.

Heres some of my bike stuff:

P050309_135601.jpg

P050309_132803.jpg

P050309_135602.jpg

P050309_1404.jpg

P050309_175101.jpg

P070309_144201.jpg

P100309_162402.jpg

P070309_144202.jpg

It went from cat c. to repaired to cat A, was painted ibis white too :(

Last edited:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah, I'm far too impatient for that! I'm proper microwave generation. That said, I'm about to tackle home-made sushi tomorrow. Wonder how that will pan out for someone who has to have something the way he wants it immediately.

Best of luck with the rest of the work anyway. I'll keep an eye on how you progress. I'd offer my help but I'm next to useless :D

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Im sure it will make a great thread if u did finish it off pal. im sure you can do it. just take your time things will happen for you

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Im sure it will make a great thread if u did finish it off pal. im sure you can do it. just take your time things will happen for you

Like i said its not ability thats stopped me its the money factor, it needs a new clutch and dual mass with i was quoted from 380 - 417 quid, would a single mass make any diffrence john?

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Sorry to hear about the current situation but i have to agree with others and if you can keep at it as you can only loose more at the moment plus the thread makes much better reading than the boring tweaking ones like mine :). On the mass flywheel issue which i dont really know much about i think you loose a little bit of that smooth running and back to the old school days bur the more highly tuned vehicles opt for this uncomplicated setup. http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/DualMassvsSolidFW.htm

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Lets see after christmas hey, my birthday a week tomorrow so dont really want to be thinking about the problems at the mo. Im hoping i can get it back on track but cant promise, upto now i havent touched it and dont intend to yet.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Single mass are better less weight and you get improved torque from the engine as it has less effort to turn. you do get a clatter from them but this can be solved by filling the gearbox more and quietens it down.
I will be fitting a single mass in mine with an uprated clutch

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
No there is no damage to it. just over filling it . just weight helps free up a bit more power to the engine it dont have 2 work as hard

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Shaun, you really have to make the decision at the start as the clutches that you can fit with SMF you cannot fit with DMF and vise versa.

Single mass for improvements but sacrifice on noise and pedal feel
DMF for feel

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.