Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by jonjay, Jul 5, 2007.

1. D.K

D.K LCR 225

It's a tough choice mate, I'm thinking the same at the moment although for different reason's, A certain brand of German sport's car is running through my head at the moment :think:

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Grumpier by the day!

D.K there is no comparison to be drawn, if you can afford it .... and you want it .... buy it and enjoy it.

3. 4937Liam

4937Liam Active Member

Would be such a shame - ive read the whole RR from front to back and its the best mk1 Leon TDi on here bar non. I made the choice to buy my FR based on what modificatons you have managed to achieve with this car!
    Im not trying to be some sort of lick a**e but diesel has been a great choice and between a petrol the gaps are not nearly as big as they used to be.
    I'll never have the money to complete as many upgrades as you have but I still think with 39k on the clock this car has lots of life left in it with loads more further potential.
    However if your mind is made up good luck with your new choice of car. :)

4. MarkWales

will be a shame to see this go but I am sure you will come to the right answer on your own

5. john_tdi

john_tdi mmm 385lbft

same happened to me, countless battles with hoses etc. Always watching the boost guage, hoping I wasnt loosing boost.

Nail in the coffin was when the gearbox went again.

Took just 5 days for someone to buy my car.

I've just bought an st220, always liked them, fancied something bit different.

I just got fed up of things going, I was always thinking "what next" I could never really relax.

6. jonjay

jonjay 50 Years of 911

Biggest problem for me is that I would want her to go to someone who will keep car as is but I would probably make more money stripping the performance bits off and selling them.

I dunno...dont even know what car I want or can afford as I love my car. Currently looking at Audi S4s.

7. john_tdi

john_tdi mmm 385lbft

give or take, I was running the same spec. Trust me I got alot of interest!

Guy who picked it up did a 3 1/2 hour drive to see it!

I got a bit more than a stock car was worth, I wasn't able to put it back to standard (parts sold etc).

What I would say is dont rush it.

I'm lucky in the fact I could sell my car then wait to find another.

8. brad1

brad1 Guest

I forgot about the connections at the intercooler. Best way is what you said, get the plastic connectors chopped off and have metal ones welded on, then you can clamp the pipe onto it with a jubilee clip. If that isnt an option, get a after market fmic. Dont you dare give up, you will regret it :)

9. UncleFester

UncleFester Grumpier by the day!

I think this is like labour ... one last big push needed.

if it's the stock FMIC that's now the root of the problems, get it changed and use proper fittings with mikalor clamps.

Turbo outlet ..... needs thick silicon and a really meaty clamp. Other cars run more boost and are fine :)

10. D.K

D.K LCR 225

Maz can you not use an LCR or LC intercooler ?

11. Murdered LCR

Murdered LCR Wide mouthed mofo

I think it's had it's day sell up move away from the black pump , just think if you had a mk2 cupra etc stage 2 map 370 odd bhp , that's alot of tuning from a derv to get any where near 300 , and well all no more power means more problems

12. alx_chung

alx_chung Dark Lord of the Torque

Sorry to hear that you are wanting to get rid. Its a great car and you have done a lot of work to it Maz, sometimes its the little annoying things that really get to you.
    Alex

13. S3 AKR

S3 AKR livin' the dream!!!

......but its all about the torque!!! BHP ??? Pah!!! I spit my soot in the face of your BHP!!! :lol:

14. MarkWales

Nice

15. jonjay

jonjay 50 Years of 911

Not sure. If I was to do that the intercooler with have to fit will with existing piping with some minor modification required. They arnt' cheap either and considering the 150PD intercooler is quite efficient I feel abit annoy to have to bin it. I should have done the whole hog two years ago before spending all that money on SFS pipes and then H&S.

More ££££

16. Murdered LCR

Murdered LCR Wide mouthed mofo

Spit your extra 6 ftlb lol by the time you have done that i will be sat indoors watching tv , :)

17. S3 AKR

S3 AKR livin' the dream!!!

..... only because I was further away!

18. D.K

D.K LCR 225

It might be efficient but if it's not capable of holding the boost you want to run then it needs replaceing,
    Seems a shame to let the intercooler stop the progress after you've put so much time, effort and money into the car.

19. john_tdi

john_tdi mmm 385lbft

:) try having 85ft more!

oh I do miss the torque.

20. jonjay

jonjay 50 Years of 911

Yea - its just issues dogging the car. I was planning to go to the Ring with Kenny@AmD and Steve@AmD next march. What perfect time to go with the two chief mechanics of AmD? BUT with car being like this taking such a journey with worry of problems like this puts me off.

Yes which harps back to my earlier points.