Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Currently looking at Audi RS4s.

Amended for accuracy, no half measures please!!!

Almost spat the coffee out this morning when I saw this! If you really want to change then go ahead and do it as nothing else is ever going to cure that itch.

With the mileage you do, you really don't need the requirement for a diesel. I understand that its a lot more than just a car so just think long and hard over it. All will come clear in the fullness of time.

Personally I don't think you should get rid purely on the grounds of costs as I reckon it'll cost you a lot more to change (crystalise losses on the mods, depreciation/retail price hit on the Audi etc). Dave and Pat would be good sources of info on this one having stripped back to standard and sold.

You will come up with the right conclusion in the end.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Amended for accuracy, no half measures please!!!

Almost spat the coffee out this morning when I saw this! If you really want to change then go ahead and do it as nothing else is ever going to cure that itch.

With the mileage you do, you really don't need the requirement for a diesel. I understand that its a lot more than just a car so just think long and hard over it. All will come clear in the fullness of time.

Personally I don't think you should get rid purely on the grounds of costs as I reckon it'll cost you a lot more to change (crystalise losses on the mods, depreciation/retail price hit on the Audi etc). Dave and Pat would be good sources of info on this one having stripped back to standard and sold.

You will come up with the right conclusion in the end.
I am also looking at RS4s as there are some high mileage examples (40-50k) for around 25k less the 7-9k for mine then it seems quite affordable. However I have not number crunched yet so maybe out of reach.

I am in a big dilema still as to whether to change (get an RS4, S4, Cayman) or invest more money into pipework and intercooler. Problem is I know I would want a Diff if I went to anothert hothatch which I really do want to do if I am honest.

Might try and contact forge...I am going to contact H&S also.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
A great believer of the more time spent on a dilemma the better the result/answer. I know its a 50:50 decision but the longer you take to make it, the greater the odds it will be the right answer in hindsight. Conversley that's why con artists and some salesmen use time as a tool to push decision making.

Spontaneous decisions are the ones to be avoided and they are the ones that tend to be when the mistakes occur (imo). If initial gut instinct is right, then it may still be correct but that extra time you give yourself will cement the decision either way.

Good Luck Maz.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Rs4 do it now I have driven the estate version it's very nice doesn't feel like your going quick untill you look at the spedo as there is no turbo kick , 100% if you can afford it you won't regret it and you will wish you done it sooner

Deleted member 55598

How much where you looking to sell it for complete?
Or was you adament on making it more standard before selling?

Deleted member 55598

Fair enough!

Give me a pm if you fancy selling it in full or even more standard :)

Great car by the way!

bateman fr

Feb 17, 2008
lewes
maz i think u really should stick with it mate there r problems with any car u mod an intercooler and water injection will just finish the intake side off things off mate

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
maz i think u really should stick with it mate there r problems with any car u mod an intercooler and water injection will just finish the intake side off things off mate
Hopefully forge will really help out us Diesel lot out. Deep down I really hope they come through as they are very pro in everything they do.

I am still to contact H&S...car is off road at the moment, MAF unplugged so if I have to I will drive it down there the way it is.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hayward and Scott - Turbo Outlet redesign

Right, I have spoken to Ian at H&S and agreed to drop car down this Saturday. The turbo outlet pipe is going to be redesigned. I think we will be effectively welding on the SFS turbo connecting a long possible angled pipe. This will move the silicone onto a straight section of pipe that has swaged ends so it doesnt pop off.

Slick - may need a lift back mate if you can :)

batemanfr or brad1 - do you know the width of the sfs turbo outlet?

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
look what happens when im not active online...........

dont do it ,, can swap with me if you want problems,,,,

i thought of a change the other day , sales guy said ahh its only worth about 3000 - 3500 , and showed me some examples on autotrader for the average milage grant it yors is alot lower

think about the costs of everything before jumping in the ring ,

in away i wish i kept my mk5 fiesta now , as the next stage i was at was a new faster engine at the time i was going to get the 2.1 zvh turbo , but car was too stiff & loud for my new born son at the time

but i do agree little problems that keep reaccuring to pi$$ me rite off , and i think then hmmmm what do i do

sure youl make your mind up soon tho

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members