Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sounds good - hope you get it sorted! :)
Thanks

The sfs silicone turbo outlet pipe is 50mm mate. 99% sure anyway :)
Cheers.

look what happens when im not active online...........

dont do it ,, can swap with me if you want problems,,,,

i thought of a change the other day , sales guy said ahh its only worth about 3000 - 3500 , and showed me some examples on autotrader for the average milage grant it yors is alot lower

think about the costs of everything before jumping in the ring ,

in away i wish i kept my mk5 fiesta now , as the next stage i was at was a new faster engine at the time i was going to get the 2.1 zvh turbo , but car was too stiff & loud for my new born son at the time

but i do agree little problems that keep reaccuring to pi$$ me rite off , and i think then hmmmm what do i do

sure youl make your mind up soon tho
Well the turbo outlet needs to get sorted as I couldnt sell the car with it being unreliable tbh.

I think what has angered me is the lack of support and development in the deisel scene. Custom this and custom that, we just need a company to make a good mass produced product thats been tried and tested to add some stability and progress to the deisel scene. Hopefully forge are this company.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I think what has angered me is the lack of support and development in the deisel scene. Custom this and custom that, we just need a company to make a good mass produced product thats been tried and tested to add some stability and progress to the deisel scene. Hopefully forge are this company.

This is why I moved back to the petrol scene Maz, you need alot of pateince and money on the diesel scene and your still not guaranteed anything at the end of it apart from ongoing problems that give you no faith to take your car on a long journey incase of something failing and costing you even more.

For me, the petrol scene has given me some many more options, real tested options that I can choose from knowing its down to my preference which one I opt for, but knowing all the options available are successful ones.

Seems a shame to throw in the towel with your TDi but I suppose like me I lost love for mine after it became more of a nuisance than pleasure. If you are hunting for more power then maybe it is time for a change, but if you are happy with your car apart from the problems surely you would benefit more by finiding solutions to your problems than turning your back on all the progress so far.

God luck with whatever you choose. :)

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Seems a shame to throw in the towel with your TDi but I suppose like me I lost love for mine after it became more of a nuisance than pleasure. If you are hunting for more power then maybe it is time for a change, but if you are happy with your car apart from the problems surely you would benefit more by finiding solutions to your problems than turning your back on all the progress so far.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Good post.

I do hope you persevere though. ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nearly everyone I have spoken to has said to keep the car apart from my Mrs :lol:

@ChrisGTL - thanks for posting mate. Funny you should post because I was thinking about why you left the deisel scene every since I said I might get rid.

THFC

Yiddo 4 life
Apr 14, 2008
Gloucester
Nearly everyone I have spoken to has said to keep the car apart from my Mrs :lol:

@ChrisGTL - thanks for posting mate. Funny you should post because I was thinking about why you left the deisel scene every since I said I might get rid.

I gave up listening to my Mrs a while back.

Best advice I can give.

Hopefully Forge will come good.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I'm not ur misses sell the car after all it's only a car if you can afford an rs4 and want one then get one every person you ask in here will say keep the car as people on forums seem to love the car /make they own but you can bet your bottom dolla that if you went on a rs4 forum they would say sell the car you won't regret it bla bla bla , end of the day once you fix this problem another one will come up and so on , you have to expect problems when messing with cars , if it was me my car would have been gone all ready if I had the spare cash for some thing like an rs4 etc but having to think about getting a house soon is more important ,

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield

No problems, if running costs are an issue then I think you'll be hard pushed to find a direct replacement on the financial side. Yeh RS4 is going to be a wicked car to have no doubt, i'd love one but I wouldnt want a car that takes too much of a chunk away from me.

I think your car is very unique in what you have done to it, must be such fun to drive and no doubt you get alot of satisfaction from been the guy that has arranged all the mods.

Just a shame the TDi scene is not upto speed like the petrol's.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Maz, don't jump into changing your car.
Look into the long term.
I had always said i would 100% buy an RS4, but now I wouldn't.
Once you have modded a car its in you never to leave.
For me and other mates the best way forward is a nice family/evetyday car and one that you can mess with and mod.
Nodding an RS4 is big bucks and TBH their not that quick. In your situation id stick with what you have or swap it for a MK1 LCR and mod it. I bought a.B7 A4 TDI S Line and love it.
Not too sure what you need out of your cars but one to mod and one for everyday suits me and my mates.
I can totally understand you need/wanting an RS4 but the day you meet a stage 2 LCR and it hands you your ass on a plate you will be sick.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for everyones input, its all appreciated.

I have considered my options, thoughts and feelings on it all. I am not going to let the car go as my love for the car is not the problem. The problem is the niggles that keep coming back. I have resigned myself to investing more money into the pipework and getting the intercooler replaced once and for all. Yes its going to cost more more £££ but if it brings me piece of mind and lets me relax and enjoy the car then it must be worth it.

brad1

Thanks for everyones input, its all appreciated.

I have considered my options, thoughts and feelings on it all. I am not going to let the car go as my love for the car is not the problem. The problem is the niggles that keep coming back. I have resigned myself to investing more money into the pipework and getting the intercooler replaced once and for all. Yes its going to cost more more £££ but if it brings me piece of mind and lets me relax and enjoy the car then it must be worth it.

:coolthumb

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I think you made the right choice mate,
Is the cost of the IC and pipe work going to be a lot more than for the cam all in ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cam is out the window for the moment.

No idea of costs. Car is at H7S this Saturday and Forge havent come back to me on whether they will develop for the 150PD.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Good to see common sense prevail........ you ignoring the pleas from the Mrs to sell up I mean!!! Well done fella.

(Good call on keeping the car too!)

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
What time you in at H&S? I'll be there at 8am, as one of the bolts has come off and has caused an annoying rattle. I tried to fix it myself, jacked up the car, got underneath but it's a car lift job.

I've not had the issue of boost pipes coming off (although mine isn't as powerful as yours)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
8am too. Need to limp there however so will be going pretty slow.

Spotted you by the way in Lakeside, in the car park.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
3" DP + Turbo Outlet Redesign

Dropped the car off at Hayward and Scott today. I have agreed the redesign which is effectively moving the silicone to the straight section of pipe. To do this they will weld a small 90 degree bend on the SFS adapter.

I have also got H&S to make a 3" downpipe with a 2 small free flowing silencers in the centre and rear of the exhaust system. This should reduce the EGTs and might even gain some torque. H&S are also fixing the piping where the clip broke off so that will look brand new. Its all going to cost a bit of money but should ultimately be all worth it for obvious reasons. Roll on Forge developing a new FMIC.

Once this has all been done I will stop fiddling engine wise with the car and just enjoy her for what she is. Then come next year approaching summer I will reconsider Cam and watermeth.

Last edited:

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
3" DP + Turbo Outlet Redesign

Dropped the car off at Hayward and Scott today. I have agreed the redesign which is effectively moving the silicone to the straight section of pipe. To do this they will weld a small 90 degree bend on the SFS adapter.

I have also got H&S to make a 3" downpipe with a 2 small free flowing silencers in the centre and rear of the exhaust system. This should reduce the EGTs and might even gain some torque. H&S are also fixing the piping where the clip broke off so that will look brand new. Its all going to cost a bit of money but should ultimately be all worth it for obvious reasons. Roll on Forge developing a new FMIC.

Iam glad to hear youve sorted it out, and decided what to do!

Once this has all been done I will stop fiddling engine wise with the car and just enjoy her for what she is. Then come next year approaching summer I will reconsider Cam and watermeth.
MHM. Much wants more? Never happy? -Tell me when you break 300bhp then! Oh, and sell the motor to me. Thanks in advance,