Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
jon them Leon Cupra R 18 were they a straight fit to your Fr or do you have to do any mods? as i have the fr wheels that need a refurb and i also need a set of better tires, i am just weighting up all angles as it will cost £220 for a refurb and at lest £330 for tires were i could get a set of them wheels with tires for around £600 off the bay,
and that splitter will that fit on the standard fr bumper?

also nice car mate and mods[B)]

I have his wheels now and they're going in about 3-4 weeks time... ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
thanks mate mines a Fr TDI pd150 , what alloys are them ?

Mine are Maz's wheels he had on the FR TDI. I bought them off him. LCR Ronal's refurbed in a diamond cut finish.

Hope Maz doesn't mind but here's an up to date pic taken just last week:

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers! Maz got them done in this finish and kept them A1 condition. I maintained that.

I will miss them but I am after a fresh look :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Quite upsetting. I have seen a picture of the car being crashed. Might not have had most bhp in the world but had loads of torque and power... Looks like it was to much to handle for the person who owns it now. Apparently the brakes failed which I think is impossible for Ate race brakes with dot5 race fluid, braided lines, pads, huge two piece discs...

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sorry to send that pic over last night, but I felt you had a right to know mate.

User error totally, those brakes were wired!!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
That's a bit gutting. I was keeping an eye out for its return on here or somewhere for sale as I wanted to try and get it for myself. I assume it's proper smashed then ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Best thread ive ever read which is why im still subscribed. Do you know where the car is now jonjay?

I think the chap who had it last unfortunately died. The car was then sold on, no idea where it went. Apparently it was in a sorry state when it was sold.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
I think the chap who had it last unfortunately died. The car was then sold on, no idea where it went. Apparently it was in a sorry state when it was sold.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well i wasnt expecting that reply.. well i always classed this as the best 150pd i would love to know where it is now and maybe buy it :d. How did this guy die froma car crash or something?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well i wasnt expecting that reply.. well i always classed this as the best 150pd i would love to know where it is now and maybe buy it :d. How did this guy die froma car crash or something?

Think it was bike accident. I wished it went to someone on here to look after :(

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I seriously thought about buying it off you when you bought the BM. Such a well sorted motor.

At the time and still now I thought you were mad getting rid of it but needs must as they say.