Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It isn't drying because its sooo cold! So i have put news papers next to my radiotor. Spray the in garage and bring to the hall way. Think my dog is getting high on the fumes!

Halfords colour match isn't as good as I hoped...we'll see when the product is finished.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Took spray paint back to halfords as they completely cocked up the colour. Install of Plat Grey it was more like black...Went to another halfords and got someone else to make up the paint. Looks more like it should although still darker than I imagined it would come out

Here is what it looks like with seven coats of spray...still to add another 3-4 coats after I sand it down again. Then its the lacquer stage to make it nice and glossy!

Looks darker than the standard one.
console7coats1.JPG

Close up, as you can see it still needs smoothing off.
console7coats2.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers mate.

Sanded it down lightly again and given it another three coats. Hopefully that will be the end of it and I can get down to lacquering.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just put around 6-7 light coats of lacquer. This is how it is shaping up. Will probably put another 5-6 tonight until I am happy with the look.

cconsolelacquer1.JPG

cconsolelacquer2.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Custom Centre Console
-----

Finally finished! Half a can of Platinum Grey spray and a whole can of lacquer and here are the results.

centreconsolefinished.jpg

And here are the products used to make it all nice and shiny ready to go in the car.

centreconsoleproducts.jpg

Next time you see it will be when it is in the car. Oh and if anyone has a Leon gear shift surround please let me know!

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yea i like it too.

Its a little too shiny to take a good picture of it, a little to dark too, and the metalic bits make it look like it is grainy instead of silky smooth....Next picture will be when it is in the car so hopefully will show it off better.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Its the angle of the picture that makes it look a lot worse than it is. In person there is hardly anything in it but it is slightly lower.

Only explanation i have for that is that being a diesel the engine is heavier. I did query this with AMD and various other people. They say some kits are designed to do that.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
hmm an interesting point patrick
cheers

watch this space as i've got a wheel alteration coming as well..

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Whatever decision you make whether H&R or Eibach you wont regret. Pats car does sit ever so slightly lower btw. we are talking like 5mm from observation. Then again as Pat said...he has full ICE system.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well i just bought myself a Cupra R gear knob....just now...literally.

Plans for next year

1) Allards piping
2) EGR wingnut mod in January
3) Smooth airbox
4) New clutch that can take around 230-250bhp
5) Big turbo and remap
6) LED lights all round inside
7) Cupra R gear shift with Custom surround
8) Custom centre console as per thread
9) Custom air vents.

This i can financially just about do i think. Depends on how big of a pay rise i get as to whether i got for as I am due a big one.

New alloys
Big Brakes (will have to if i get new turbo)
Custom Retrim.

EDIT: get your pictures of up your motor mate...been waiting for them!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.