Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
Glad to see the AA agree :)

I guess the other downside is that if you ever drive your car into a river, you can no longer live a bit longer by breathing the air out of the tyre :(

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Autodim Rear View Mirror and Cruise Control
------

Purchased an Auto Dimming rear view mirror and Cruise Control stalk. Should be going in this week once they arrive. Pictures will follow when they are fitted.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Autodim Rear View Mirror and Cruise Control #2
------

Both parts have now arrived. Autodim mirror is in pretty good condition so an absolute bargin for £50! Both will be fitted this Sunday and will post pictures as usual.

I am also considering buy a new head unit which will mean my becker will go up for sale soon.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Slicks Seat Leon FR Paint Correction Detail
----

Detailed Slicks car finally this weekend. Real nice car to detail, testimony to how well Slick looks after her.

DSCF1711.jpg

Thread can be found here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2430160#post2430160

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
still spending then,

i am thinking of this egr race pipe still, but in order to fit it i would need the bigger sfs hose , or so i was told, would it just make the difference replacing that one ??

or am i better off getting metal

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
No you should be able to put the SFS hose around the race pipe and clamp it down assuming you already have the SFS kit?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
no have been holding out on the hoses due to a few posts about wearing away /your problems,

not sure if the car will be alright after last nites episode , topic is in tdi section ,

appears i might have some chlorine in my fuel tank

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
no have been holding out on the hoses due to a few posts about wearing away /your problems,

not sure if the car will be alright after last nites episode , topic is in tdi section ,

appears i might have some chlorine in my fuel tank
Havent seen the thread yet will check it out.

As for SFS I would definately wait until they make a reinforced version. You should have problems with the EGR delete pipe with the OE stuff.

Brilliant job with the thread, nicely thought out, get these pics of the autodim up :p
Cheers for the kind words mate - I like to keep everything documented and easy for people to find.

Will do, hopefully get it done this weekend.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
are the any close signs of the SFS reinforced versions ,

am thinking could a custom exhaust pleace to just as good , or would the materials be too heavy

i have heared them doing custom air intakes intakes

*update

just rang prospeed here in cardiff , hes says he can sort a kit out fitted for about £290 , which consist some samco for the joins etc

what u reckon

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
AutoDim Rear View Mirror and Cruise Control #update
-----
As with everything I get for the car both are installed but dont work.

Autodim mirror may be faulty or wired in wrongly. Dont know yet.
Cruise control stalk may be faulty, wired in wrongly somewhere or not activated properly in VAGCOM. Dont know yet.

I might sell the car had enough of things not going going right with everything I buy.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
AutoDim Rear View Mirror and Cruise Control #update 2
-----
Spoke to my good friend Steve@AmD today about the autodim and cruise. He thinks its probably a power issue than them being faulty and shouldn't take much to get both working! This of course makes me a very happy person :)

Also whilst fitting the cruise the battery was disconnected for the duration. When fitted again the car was an animal - loads more power and poke. Definitely felt faster than ever before by a big margin. I am booked into AmD Monday for which should be my final remap.

Once the car is sorted remap wise my pursuit of more power will be stemmed back a bit and i will concentrate on doing cosmetic changes. Well thats the plan!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Wingnut Mod started
----
Right I have started the wingnut mod finally. Cleaning the spare EGR valve I had bought a year ago.

I am amazed by how caked on the soot is and how messy the stuff is. I dread to think what the some of the components are like inside the car! So far I have tried oven cleaner, tar remover, degreaser, all purpose cleaner and fairy liquid. By far the best combination to break down the soot is Biological washing powder and boiling hot water. You still need to work it with a brush but it certainly makes things easier. Pictures will follow tomorrow.

For those who don't know what the wingnut mod is. It is basically a Stealth Race EGR Pipe that has been gutted, sealed and still which retains the anti-shudder valve.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Will a wire brush in a drill shift it Maz ???
Yea using a wire brush to shift the carp. Once thats done I need to gut it would, saw some stuff out smooth etc...I am trying to get it clean for tomorrow so I can use the tools at AmD whilst my car is being worked on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.