Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
A decision has been made, I am getting coilovers. So let it be written so let it be done.

Current shortlist is:
1) KW V3
2) H&R's Monotube
3) Eibach Pro Street
4) Weitec Hicon GT

If I am honest I cant decide how far I want to go with them. My side of my brain is saying go for KW as they will suit the diff well. The other is saying you wont really adjust dampening and rebound. Opinions are welcome!

Tell you about the Weitecs tomorrow mate :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
A decision has been made, I am getting coilovers. So let it be written so let it be done.

Current shortlist is:
1) KW V3
2) H&R's Monotube
3) Eibach Pro Street
4) Weitec Hicon GT

If I am honest I cant decide how far I want to go with them. My side of my brain is saying go for KW as they will suit the diff well. The other is saying you wont really adjust dampening and rebound. Opinions are welcome!
Theres a set of the Weitecs for sale just now on the for sale section.
Never been used or fitted and still in the box

If I were you I'd go for the second hand Weitecs and barter a good deal

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
TBH after fitting the KWV3's the array of adjustments is just mind boggling.
The only reason I went for these (apart from they were £550:)) is I'm getting my car corner weighted/balanced and this should help with the fine control needed to the the absolute best out of the car on competitive track driving

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers for your advise Willie. I am just at a loss as to what to do if I am quite honest.

I need to go into Leons with different kits to see what the ride is like to make a more informed decision but thats going to prove difficult.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Well its taken me ages but finally finished reading up on the endless new mods you've done since I last saw you mate. Cars looking good, glad car is running how you want if (for now anyway). I can't belive that you went and paid Kwik-fit to balance and fill your tyres with nitrogeon, I would've done it for FREE. Did they let air out of tyres a couple of times before they finally filled them to the right pressure:confused:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well its taken me ages but finally finished reading up on the endless new mods you've done since I last saw you mate. Cars looking good, glad car is running how you want if (for now anyway). I can't belive that you went and paid Kwik-fit to balance and fill your tyres with nitrogeon, I would've done it for FREE. Did they let air out of tyres a couple of times before they finally filled them to the right pressure:confused:
Cheers Dave and long time no see, where have you been? Not entirely sure and I didnt want to put you out mate. Worth me bringing the car to you to get it done again?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I've been using all my spare time at college. If the wheels are still vibrating then yes could be worth checking the balance. As to the nitrogeon it might be worth it, it'll only take coulpe of mins to empty and re-fill the tyres.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I've been using all my spare time at college. If the wheels are still vibrating then yes could be worth checking the balance. As to the nitrogeon it might be worth it, it'll only take coulpe of mins to empty and re-fill the tyres.
Vibration has completely gone. If I am at lakeside I will give you a ring, PM me your number mate :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
SFS Update - nothing happened yet
-----
Still nothing yet from SFS. They said other stuff they have been developing is now ready but nothing on my replacement uprated pipes. Quite disappointing as they have had since the 11th of last month to come up with something or show me a picture of what they are trying to do.

I have posed the question to them as to how long I am going to need to wait for this so I can make a more informed decision. I just hope they don't let me down as I already paid for the kit and labour for it to get fitted and it's not on the car.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
SFS Update #2
-----
Got a reply quite quick from SFS. They are looking into Alloy and doing the whole system from Alloy with some bends. Again I have posed the question to them as to how long I am going to need to wait for this etc...I hope it wont be too long.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Weekend happenings
-----

- DK has kindly picked up for me a BTCC Carbon Fibre splitter. Not sure what I will be doing with this yet, may save it for/if I get a LCR bumper.

31052009183.jpg

- EGR is all polished up. I have ordered a Jabba turbo blanking off plate for Jabba which should be with me on Monday.

- AutoFinesse 2009 show went pretty well. My pictures didnt turn out so good but if I find any I will post some up. I spent a horrendous amount on new products which I am itching to try. I found an amazing new shampoo too thats super concentrated, suds up amazingly and cleans well too.

- Mr Wookies LCR. I have the pleasure of detailing Wookies Silver LCR this Saturday, looks to be a pretty big detail. Of course I will make a writeup of it all.

- SFS should hopefully be sorting out the pipework this week. The pipework will be fitted by SFS themselves. Look forward to seeing the results especially when combined with the Stealth Race EGR.

Last edited:

Bainsey

Hi mate.

On reading through this forum its clear you know your stuff on the tdi. Just a quick question. I have just replaced my standard air box with a 57 i kit but I now have one loose black coloured small pipe that used to connect in the bottom of the air box. What shall I do with this? and is it okay just left disconnected. Thanks Mike

adz2k9

im new to the forum, just had a good read through your thread, well done for getting so far and the results are great, the cars looking sweet!

ive got a golf mk4 pd 130, ready to go hybrid and cant decide between AMD or RSTuning to do my map, i have been out in Turkish's car (247bhp RsTuning map earlier in the thread) and that was simply awesome!

Are you still waiting on a further map from AMD?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi mate.

On reading through this forum its clear you know your stuff on the tdi. Just a quick question. I have just replaced my standard air box with a 57 i kit but I now have one loose black coloured small pipe that used to connect in the bottom of the air box. What shall I do with this? and is it okay just left disconnected. Thanks Mike
Hi. Cheers for the comments.

You do need to plum to black rubber piping.

im new to the forum, just had a good read through your thread, well done for getting so far and the results are great, the cars looking sweet!

ive got a golf mk4 pd 130, ready to go hybrid and cant decide between AMD or RSTuning to do my map, i have been out in Turkish's car (247bhp RsTuning map earlier in the thread) and that was simply awesome!

Are you still waiting on a further map from AMD?
Cheers mate.

I may get another map once the boost pipes and EGR pipes are back on. I will make a decision when closer to the time with AmD.

As for who to get the remap with. The two companies you have choses would have been my two choices for sure. It all depends on how close you are so if there are problems you get support. I am bias to a certain degree for AmD as they done all the work to my car but I have heard amazing things about RStuning and they get amazing results from the hybrids they done so far. You cant lose with either!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.