Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
nice little list there

whats the EGR wingnut all about? more info please :D

I havent had a chance to take any pics, im back at work lol and its been crap weather around here :(

I promise i will get some good pics up as soon as posible.. i need some for my own portfolio anyway.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
EGR mod is to remove the plunger in the EGR valve, block the hole and smooth the inside. This is a good alternative to getting a egr race pipe that brings up a CEL value. The "wingnut" mod wont.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Plus it retains the ASV function so that your engine won't go into meltdown mode if the turbo oil seals go :)

Personally i'd try and get a hold of a complete EGR assembly so you can keep your own unmolested, one with a seized EGR would be ideal :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Plus it retains the ASV function so that your engine won't go into meltdown mode if the turbo oil seals go :)

Personally i'd try and get a hold of a complete EGR assembly so you can keep your own unmolested, one with a seized EGR would be ideal :)
Ah yes...but I sourced two egr valves for £60 quid each...one went to rodger and one went to me. So i will have my orginal one intact when i went to get rid of the car...some day.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Saturday modding and TLC.

Got the customer centre console and my LCR gear knob in the car today. Installing the centre console was a piece of cake as it only has 4 screws securing it. I am quite please with the look and I think if I done it again the finish of the console would have been a lot better. Might redo it if I get the time come summer.

The Cupra R gear knob is also in. It is a 210 version as the sides are not a different leather and "dotted" like the 225 version. I didnt swap the leather for the silver thread as it looked quite good matching all the red dials and red Leon mats. I also decided against painting the custom surround plat grey like the centre console as I quite like the black matt finish.

I might even get the LCR handbrake cover so that matches too now :)

Let me know your thoughts!

cconsoleincar.jpg

cconsoleincar2.jpg

Oh and I had a quick look at my air filter, no leaves or debris so i was quite happy as it has done 4k since i put it in last summer.

Last edited:

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
is that the black centre console parts? like in the LCR? cant really tell because of the flash on the camera but it looks good..was considering doing the same on mine..do you still have the part numbers? and how much did it cost matey?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I really have no clue what part number it is however I purchased my one off a SCN member. I have seen them on German ebay and on rare occasion the UK ebay. This centre console was from a normal cupra i believe however all of them are the same.

Console cost me 8 quid and the spray paint, lacquer and sand paper was like £20.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Seat-Leon.de to the rescue

Well kind of.....

Cupra R Handbrake Cover 85 euros - so about 60 quid or theres a plain black leather one on there for 30 euros.

Black centre consoley part - 23 euros or silver for 17!

Not sure what the postage costs are like though.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Seat-Leon.de to the rescue

Well kind of.....

Cupra R Handbrake Cover 85 euros - so about 60 quid or theres a plain black leather one on there for 30 euros.

Black centre consoley part - 23 euros or silver for 17!

Not sure what the postage costs are like though.
Thanks for that but still £60 quid! Add another £10 for postage to UK...£70!!?? I cant believe that is so expensive. The leather one looks nice but I want it to go with my cupra R Gearknob.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Don't know what Ebay Handbrake is like. Got 100% feedback and seem to have sold a reasonable number of items.

As you say the Seat prices are a bit expensive! Think I will end up with the one without the red stitching.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Unfortunately Ollie, those gear gaiter dont have the plastic spine to fix to the handbrake stalk and the leather is the wrong colour and design shape to fit in, unfortuantely to fit the leon and to blend in as an OE piece nothing subs for the OE part!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.