Platinum Grey Paint

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
I'm after Platinum Grey touch up paint (accidently scrubbed the bottom of my bumper on a high curb).

Walked into halfords today and they told me they couldnt find platinum gray on their system (paint code L57U). They even rang their supplier but they didnt have it listed either???

Anyone else had this problem? I'm guessing my only option will be a trip to the main dealer?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I'm after Platinum Grey touch up paint (accidently scrubbed the bottom of my bumper on a high curb).

Walked into halfords today and they told me they couldnt find platinum gray on their system (paint code L57U). They even rang their supplier but they didnt have it listed either???

Anyone else had this problem? I'm guessing my only option will be a trip to the main dealer?

You sure it's not S7U?, as Luna is S7Y and one of the other colours starts with S7. Halfords paint mixing service is ****. I got a can made up once with the correct paint code and it was the wrong colour. Wasted 1/4 of a can doing small delock caps and they wouldn't take it back :censored:. I got a local motor paint place to mix some up and it was perfect.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think your right Platinum is LS7U the S does look like a 5 though on the spec label printed in the car and owners manuals. So its an easy mistake to make.

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
According to my local dealer the code is S7U for Platinum... No L at the beginning...:shrug:

But they don't make aerosol cans of platinum Grey so i got some made up at Halfrauds, gave them the code and they called it Gris Sombra :think: It did match... kinda.... :rolleyes:

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Yeah I went into Halfrauds at the weekend to look for some grey platinum - the guy told me he only needs the code and he would mix it up for me there and then. I think you must have gone to an unhelpful Halfrauds.

Trouble you have obviously is that them mixing it there and then is in their own hands and who knows what they will give you. I decided to walk away and will order direct from Seat.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I've worked at two Halfords stores and what you need to remember is that the staff aren't parts suppliers, they aren't mechanics or paint-mixers. They're no better, generally speaking, than the guys you find at Tescos stacking shelves.

The jobs are advertised as "Sales Assistant" and they're on minimum-wage. So what do you expect? Gold Star service from someone working part-time; one minute being shouted at by an idiot who has broken down outside and expects them to carry obscure parts for crap imported Japanese vehicles and the next, being asked to fit an ISO connection stereo into a soul-destroying Vauxhall Corsa. (Which inevitably will stink of wet dog and faeces...)...

The paint-mixing service should really be left to professionals, which Halfords staff are simply not. I would say you get what you pay for, but then again.. Halfords used to charge about a tenner for a 500ml spray can. ...

I take it they used the three catalogues of paint colours and then resorted to clicking through the Windows 95 based paint-computer?

Tragic place to work, honestly.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise